Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Carenado CJ2 Few problems

Great looking aircraft - fps are amazing but I have few questions - anyone seeing this

1. Cant get the curtain to slide out of the way to see cabin

2. Not seeing flight level upper right hand corner of mfd

3. No splash light on tail - there is a fake picture of the knob which doe nothing

4. Not sure but where does vs get displayed not seeing anything change in cockpit - I can use my saitek panel to do it but not seeing a readout or knob for it

have not done a fms plan  - just some manual heading and vs stuff that worked well but without my saitek I would not have been able to know where to change it in cockpit

She is a beauty and will be doing some repaint work on this nothing crazy but nice

Any thoughts - thanks Guys

Edited by Jim Young
changed gave to have as have not done is better to the eyes than gave not done

Rich Sennett

Richard,

The Mode Select Panel (MSP) has 10 buttons directly above the PFD - the bottom right is labeled VS.  Press once to enable Vertical Speed.  The readout of VS is to the right of the Altitude Tape in either PFD.  100 - 15,000 fpm.  You can adjust VS with the VS wheel on the APP (Automatic Pilot Panel) located on the center console aft of the FMS..  The pitch wheel rolls up for DN and rolls down for UP (meaning the nose of the CJ2)

Located in front of the APP are three knobs.  CRS  ALT   HDG  Push to select, turn left or right.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Maybe run a spell checker next time before posting? =P

LOL - thats the best you can offer move along

Richard,

The Mode Select Panel (MSP) has 10 buttons directly above the PFD - the bottom right is labeled VS.  Press once to enable Vertical Speed.  The readout of VS is to the right of the Altitude Tape in either PFD.  100 - 15,000 fpm.  You can adjust VS with the VS wheel on the APP (Automatic Pilot Panel) located on the center console aft of the FMS..  The pitch wheel rolls up for DN and rolls down for UP (meaning the nose of the CJ2)

Located in front of the APP are three knobs.  CRS  ALT   HDG  Push to select, turn left or right.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks Ray I will look into your suggestions - you able to open curtain and see tail light splash at night

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Richard,

First, make sure you have mouse clicked on your active monitor where you are viewing the VC.

Then . . . .

Move around the curtain slowly with your mouse and watch for the pointer to turn into a hand with one finger. Once you find that spot - it should be a very large area - one left click of the mouse should open the curtain.

You can right click on your active window screen. select Cockpit, slide over to the right and down to Back View to see the cabin. You can also select Passenger seats using this method.

Don't forget to try your mouse scroll wheel to operate anything that moves.

Regards,

Ray

Great looking aircraft - fps are amazing but I have few questions - anyone seeing this

3. No splash light on tail - there is a fake picture of the knob which doe nothing

She is a beauty and will be doing some repaint work on this nothing crazy but nice

I'm pretty sure the CJ2 did not have a Tail Flood Light. That came with s/n 300 up when the CJ2+ came out. That will be why it has the panel plug. See pics from the Flight Safety PTMs.

Regards,

Ray

tail flood cj2.JPG

tail flood cj2+JPG.JPG

I'm pretty sure the CJ2 did not have a Tail Flood Light. That came with s/n 300 up when the CJ2+ came out. That will be why it has the panel plug. See pics from the Flight Safety PTMs.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks I was thinking it didn't come with tail light when I saw plug - so thats why oh well I like those guess we dont have it on this

Found out when I turn the altitude knob in aircraft works fine - but when I turn knob on saitek multi panel it doesnt change visually on tape but its doing it so thats the problem - using fms it wont matter -  all other knobs on panel seem to be working

It worked perfectly went to altitudes higher or lower so thinking a real plan should be nice

Bert can probablly fix that visual altitude not changing with a fix for my saitek panel - hes really good at that - hint hint Bert

As for curtain I did what you mentioned - I see the finger but pushing left mouse button does not open it - all other carenados worked except for this one - does it work for you ? thank you

Rich Sennett

Sorry Rich, do not have the plane..

You will if not I will buy it for you - I owe you one  :wink:

Its great - luv it

Rich Sennett

Richard,

On the white Annunciator lights. The CJ2 has 'Thrust Attenuators' instead of Thrust Reversers' These are those paddle looking things at the back to the engine nacelles used to deflect thrust when on the ground. That was the cheap method when you don't have a Ground Idle position switch or FADEC which fixes everything to do with thrust.

The white light is normal at times during startup and when you are moving the throttles to taxi. When in flight the TA are Stored and the light should go out.

See the text from the manual.

I don't know about the Ground Idle, but I suspect they go together here. This CJ2 does have a Ground Idle switch just forward of the throttles.Put

it in Normal.

Best Regards,

Ray

Atten Unlock_.JPG

Richard,

On the white Annunciator lights. The CJ2 has 'Thrust Attenuators' instead of Thrust Reversers' These are those paddle looking things at the back to the engine nacelles used to deflect thrust when on the ground. That was the cheap method when you don't have a Ground Idle position switch or FADEC which 

Just noticed my spell checker is not working on avsim - no idea why - hmm

Thanks I was at cruise altitude and they dont go out as for ground idle switch not seeing where that is

Rich Sennett

Richard,

You might want to make a quick walkthrough of the Startup checklist. Sounds like you need to press the STOW buttons for the thrust attenuators. The white lights are 'advisory' in nature.

This CJ2 has a Ground Idle switch located on the Pressurization panel to help keep the plane from overspeeding when taxiing. The Thrust Attenuators basically do the job of putting the engines in ground idle, because the Williams Rolls engines could not be brought down to a low enough thrust level to avoid riding the brakes during ground movements.

The CJ2+ has a nice upgrade to FADEC engines and they thrashed the Thrust Attenuators from S/N 300 on for the CJ2 production. The white light in the lower right corner of the Annunciator Panel is "Ground Idle"

Regards,

Ray

1. Cant get the curtain to slide out of the way to see cabin

2. Not seeing flight level upper right hand corner of mfd

4. Not sure but where does vs get displayed not seeing anything change in cockpit - I can use my saitek panel to do it but not seeing a readout or knob for it

gave not done a fms plan  - just some manual heading and vs stuff that worked well but without my saitek I would not have been able to know where to change it in cockpit

Thanks for the first impressions. We seem to have a similar tendency to buy these birds without hesitation. Looking forward to some pictures. How about the FMS, please post findings once you had a moment to try it out.

PS: I chime in in buying one for Bert for some improvements :-)

Hans

Richard,

You might want to make a quick walkthrough of the Startup checklist. Sounds like you need to press the STOW buttons for the thrust attenuators. The white lights are 'advisory' in nature.

Regards,

Ray

Ok Ray thank you Buddy

Rich Sennett

Richard are the fps better than the C550?

Do you mean 550 ? fps on CJ2  are as good as stock aircraft - its smooth - better than Hawker and I thought it was pretty good

Rich Sennett