Sign in to follow this  
hjsmuc

A question for cloud and fog experts

I recently tried volumetric fog on and off to see if the performance differences are worth flying with the fog off. While the fps difference was noticeable but not game changing I found that my clouds look very different with the fog off. Have a look at the screenshots, the first of both series is with ASN and volumetric fog off and the second with ASN and volumetric fog on. As you can see there is a cloud band with fog on which is not there with fog off. ASN and REX TD and Soft Clouds all at the latest SP level, ASN set to realism. I wonder why clouds depend on the fog setting. It is even more noticeable when the cloud cover is more dense. What am I missing? Thanks

2016-3-17_1-5-58-406.jpg

2016-3-17_1-6-35-443.jpg

2016-3-17_1-8-14-608.jpg

2016-3-17_1-8-55-949.jpg

Hans

Dammit!!! ...another thread to follow!

Grinn

Thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

There is a bug with VOL fog which is being fixed by the team at HiFi, so check the forum for updates.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Has the issue been addressed with the 5919 update from ASN ??

Cheers

Mike

Dammit!!! ...another thread to follow!

Grinn

Thanks,

Chas

Not ANOTHER one Chas!!!!!  I will never get to bed at this rate!!