Sign in to follow this  
300hp.GT

CJ2 First Impressions

I haven't tested it yet, but it should handle any SIDS and STARS.  You can add airways and specify intersections to jump on or off, which is new.  You can specify crossing and cruising altitudes, etc.  The PFD and MFD is very impressive so far.

First impression is that the FMS is much better than previous editions. FPS is great on my system, smooth as butter. VC is better than most.  Exterior is Carenado see pics in repaint thread.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ray,

Thanks again .. your professional answers and additional information input is much appreciated.

Have a good flight.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I agree it seems to work very well - tried an fms flight didn't finish it but half way thru worked - its an excellent offering well done Carenado now help me get my curtain to open it doesnt :sad:

Watch your speeds this thing is fast and doesnt have auto throttle - I will enable that for my saitek panel - problem solved

Rich click at the top corner on the copilot's side of it that's where I finally found the clickspot

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Rich click at the top corner on the copilot's side of it that's where I finally found the clickspot

Thanks Buddy - looking forward to your video  :wink:

Rich Sennett

FLC - is it working per the real aircraft or the way Carenado thinks it should?  The way it's supposed to work:  Dial an altitude, takeoff, set climb power, pitch for speed (say 250 kias), press FLC (it will sync to current speed), then press AP on.  Aircraft should climb to selected altitude at that speed.  Aircraft should level off (ALTS usually in white on the PFD) at selected altitude and not keep going.  Aircraft should NEVER climb through or descend below the altitude dialed in (while on AP).  This has never worked for me in their previous jets.

FMS - some people say it's better.  Can you fly direct to a fix from present position (say your flight plan goes from A - B - C - D....  after B can you go direct D without the plane trying to draw the leg from C - D?)  This never worked in the past either.  Can you activate leg?  From reference above...  You're flying to A, and ATC vectors you off route, then back towards a later segment, ie tells you to join the route from C - D.  Is this possible?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

FLC - is it working per the real aircraft or the way Carenado thinks it should?  The way it's supposed to work:  Dial an altitude, takeoff, set climb power, pitch for speed (say 250 kias), press FLC (it will sync to current speed), then press AP on.  Aircraft should climb to selected altitude at that speed.  Aircraft should level off (ALTS usually in white on the PFD) at selected altitude and not keep going.  Aircraft should NEVER climb through or descend below the altitude dialed in (while on AP).  This has never worked for me in their previous jets.

FMS - some people say it's better.  Can you fly direct to a fix from present position (say your flight plan goes from A - B - C - D....  after B can you go direct D without the plane trying to draw the leg from C - D?)  This never worked in the past either.  Can you activate leg?  From reference above...  You're flying to A, and ATC vectors you off route, then back towards a later segment, ie tells you to join the route from C - D.  Is this possible?

1st question seems to be working perfect here - very nice - levels of at altitudes spot on - watch your speeds this thing boogies - going to make it auto throttle for use with my saitek panel and try that

2nd question not sure have not tried yet

This is by far the best carenado I have seen - wish the hawker did the same thing as they have the same systems

One more thing that I am doing not sure its real life - I turn up or down VS to start the process of climbing or descending and it will go to the desired altitude

Rich Sennett

Well with our beta money they are improving apparently!  argh

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Admittedly, I did not test those particular functions. I did try the FLC mode, and it did not hold an airspeed, and seemed to vary it's pitch more than I was expecting. I could have messed it up, though. I'll do more testing.

Took it out today.  It wouldn't climb above FL360 and the fuel flow was about 475 lbs / hr or about half of what it should have been.  It also wouldn't hold speed at altitude.  Eventually stalled out.

Has anyone played the the aircraft.cfg yet?

Mark

At what weight?  Most flightsim planes load overweight.  There probably are performance tables somewhere - that's the one thing I like about C.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Admittedly, I did not test those particular functions. I did try the FLC mode, and it did not hold an airspeed, and seemed to vary it's pitch more than I was expecting. I could have messed it up, though. I'll do more testing.

You have to watch your speeds its a fine line with the manual throttles hence my reason for changing it to auto  :wink:

I have not tried to take it up that high yet - got it late last night just not enough time and here again its getting late again - not enough time in a day 

Rich Sennett

Quick question: will the FMS take a pre-defined *.pln file?

The Hawker and GTX do not. Every other Carenado model does. Which side does this one fall upon? Is it perhaps related to the Pro Line gear?

Thanks!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Quick question: will the FMS take a pre-defined *.pln file?

The Hawker and GTX do not. Every other Carenado model does. Which side does this one fall upon? Is it perhaps related to the Pro Line gear?

Thanks!

I dont think so and I dont know of any carenado that ever did - can you tell me which one does this ?

Rich Sennett

You have to watch your speeds its a fine line with the manual throttles hence my reason for changing it to auto  :wink:

I have not tried to take it up that high yet - got it late last night just not enough time and here again its getting late again - not enough time in a day 

What do you mean by "watch your speeds?"  In the real plane, in a climb configuration, the moment you press FLC (assuming AP is engaged), the aircraft will change pitch to meet your speed (probably it won't change pitch because you already trimmed for a certain speed and FLC will sync).  The airplane's power levers are set by you as there is no A/T.  If you're climbing out at 250 KIAS, the aircraft might pitch up at 3000 fpm.  If you increase the FLC speed to say 270 KIAS, the aircraft will gradually pitch down a little to increase speed.  Once at 270 kias, the aircraft will likely pitch up a little and continue climbing to the altitude dialed in.  At 270 KIAS/FLC the AP might only command 2000 fpm climb rate.  These are just example speeds... I don't own the acft nor do I have a CJ2/M2 manual.  I'm guessing climb speed is around 200-250 kias.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I dont think so and I dont know of any carenado that ever did - can you tell me which one does this ?

Hi Rich, 

All of them! I use SimLauncherX and generally preload all information (fuel, passengers, flight plan, etc) and when I start pretty much *any* aircraft, be it Carenado or otherwise, the flight plan is loaded: when I turn on the GPS I see the "magenta line". If I load a flight plan from the simulator (P3D V3.2 and everything that came before it, including FSX) I get a pre-loaded *.pln file to provide a flight plan.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick