Sign in to follow this  
300hp.GT

CJ2 First Impressions

So, I took my new CJ2 for a cruise from Sedona, AZ to Eagle, CO. Using Active Sky Next, and the Citation.

First off, this plane looks fantastic! Clean lines, well-modeled, and the sounds are better than the S550. The cockpit lines are better, too.

Second, the frame-rate for this plane is significantly better than the C90GTX. Same Collins Pro-Line avionics, but they seem to work much better.

Third is the FMS. It's so much better than previous editions. Entering waypoints is easy, and this one is compatible with entering airways. It even enters the waypoints ON the airway, exactly as it should. 

Also, related to the autopilot, the IAS/FLCH mode seems to work ok, but I'd rather have the ability to set a true VNAV mode that will maintain an adequate climb at a sufficient airspeed. But then, I have to remember, the CJ2 ain't a rocketship. What it is, though, is a very capable mid-sized business jet, and the Carenado version made me VERY happy.

Carenado has a winner with this plane. Sure, there are bugs to be worked out, but for a fresh release, the CJ2 is closer to perfect than any Carenado product I've ever purchased. 

Sounds like a winner.  Surprised this made it out before the Aero Commander.

Might pick this up.

Jas

I agree it seems to work very well - tried an fms flight didn't finish it but half way thru worked - its an excellent offering well done Carenado now help me get my curtain to open it doesnt :sad:

Watch your speeds this thing is fast and doesnt have auto throttle - I will enable that for my saitek panel - problem solved

Rich Sennett

Watch your speeds this thing is fast and doesnt have auto throttle - I will enable that for my saitek panel - problem solved

Hey Richard! Can you explain how you do this? I'm intrigued.

Mario Di Lauro

Hey Richard! Can you explain how you do this? I'm intrigued.

Aircraft cfg file

autothrottle_available=    1 
autothrottle_arming_required= 1

Rich Sennett

Am I right in assuming that the FMS works basically like in the Hawker? So default altitude of waypoints of FL280 which can only be changed for each WP individually and no option to load or save flight plans? Then I think I'll skip this one even I might feel like a billionaire with six business jets in the hangar.

Hans

It is amazing. One day we were all begging for business jets. Now we all have a hanger full of them. Thanks for the first thoughts guys. I think I will wait for the aero commander. Happy flying fellas, RJ McGill out.

I agree it seems to work very well - tried an fms flight didn't finish it but half way thru worked - its an excellent offering well done Carenado now help me get my curtain to open it doesnt :sad:

Richard, if you swivel around in the VC, the clickspot for the curtain is slightly to the pilot's side, and slightly above the curtain rod. I got mine to open without issue.

Richard, if you swivel around in the VC, the clickspot for the curtain is slightly to the pilot's side, and slightly above the curtain rod. I got mine to open without issue.

Thank you Buddy - I did not try above curtain rod as the finger lol appears in the large area thru the middle - give it a go tonight - take care

Am I right in assuming that the FMS works basically like in the Hawker? So default altitude of waypoints of FL280 which can only be changed for each WP individually and no option to load or save flight plans? Then I think I'll skip this one even I might feel like a billionaire with six business jets in the hangar.

Yes you are correct on your assumptions 

Rich Sennett

After short test flights, I decide to park this Citation into my hangar.

-bad performance on my sys

-very bad readout on the instruments

-FLC still buggy

-no significant improvements since the S550 (same story)

The good things

-nice VC

-interior sound

So ISG is not a solution, but the F1GTN is an option.....

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much JanekBin....

just the kind of concise truthful answer I was looking for.  I will not waste my money on another plane that doesn't perform correctly...

• Upvote 1

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

After short test flights, I decide to park this Citation into my hangar.

-bad performance on my sys

-very bad readout on the instruments

-FLC still buggy

-no significant improvements since the S550 (same story)

I have the opposite to report - whats your pc specs - runs perfect here - vc graphics look great - sorry to hear your issues 

Rich Sennett

Is icing on the cockpit window and wings modeled?

Anti-icing?

Wing inspection light ?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Is icing on the cockpit window and wings modeled?

Anti-icing?

Wing inspection light ?

No visible ice on flight surfaces or windshield, but all the de-ice switches and annunciators are modeled. Alcohol and Bleed switches and lights. Pilot and static will burn your hand if you touch it. :wink:

See Pics for you.

Best Regards,

Ray

Hello Janek,

I have forgotten your system.  The few folks that have posted see very nice improvement in FPS over S550 or Hawker, me included.  My FPS is  50 - 70 in P3D.  I have it locked at 30 for Steam and it sometimes drops to 29.5. I haven't had time for any tests yet. I also have not noticed any bad readings on the instruments.

I agree the VC is outstanding and most everything that moves has an associated sound. Nice.

Best Regards,

Ray

ice de-ice switches.JPG

Wing Insp Light.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ray,

Thanks for the answers and photos..

Much appreciated.

One additional question.

I am not familiar with the Proline 21 ... are holds / procedure turns on ILS approaches e.g. part of autopilot navigation (Navigraph navdata)  or flown by hand ?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW