Sign in to follow this  
300hp.GT

CJ2 First Impressions

"if you set to those values manually, the plane will not perform to the manual."

I am only just starting to test and I have not set out to check actual numbers yet.

Of the departures (VOR NAVs / intercepts and some FMS flight plan (SID) departures I have done (setting up FSUIPC buttons etc) it has been a very nice ride ...

I like it a lot. Both in FSX and P3Dv3.1.

I just now set SAITEK buttons to take care of the vertical speed wheel (V/S) inc/dec which makes life much better during climbs. Do not have to look for the V/S wheel .. nor click on it!

Carenado CJ2 is a very nice ride indeed!

I think those 3 numbers are way off the mark, Right click and you can see the temp that the numbers are based on. 15 Deg C all the time. The real unit is a computer that computes the 3 N values constantly and is very useful.

Ray

Did you read the Avsim review for the Phenom 300? G1000 vs Proline 21 - hard to compare. Phenom is much faster. I like both, but only when the GTN is added.

Regards,

Ray

Yah no whats funny I dont think they sold a lot of these from past experiences many are just not taking the leap as much - they have offered a decent offering yet not many using it - just a thought as I have only been asked twice for my two repaints another on its way which is different then the current Carenado offerings - not just color changes - close but not done - finish asap 

No YT Videos of it also - strange

Rich Sennett

Phenom by a landslide with GTN 750. Not even close.

Thanks for the response. I do not have the GTN 750 and do not intend to buy it at this time. And thank you raymar. I'm familiar with the differences of the G1000 and Proline. Just curious what aircraft was more "complete" in the opinion of those who have both.

I know I'm late to the party on this... but better late than never, right.  I'm thinking about a YouTube flight in the CJ2 from Wichita,KA to Charlotte, NC.  Probably with Bert's GTN 750 mod and other mods by Ray and Janek if I can get my hands on them.  Stay tuned.. should be interesting.

I know I'm late to the party on this... but better late than never, right.  I'm thinking about a YouTube flight in the CJ2 from Wichita,KA to Charlotte, NC.  Probably with Bert's GTN 750 mod and other mods by Ray and Janek if I can get my hands on them.  Stay tuned.. should be interesting.

Just to clarify - the GTN mod in this airplane is Ray and Janek's   :wink:

"inspired by me" maybe..

Bert

Just to clarify - the GTN mod in this airplane is Ray and Janek's   :wink:

"inspired by me" maybe..

Lots and lots of 'inspiration' was used, for sure, along with more help from Ramon in Mexico City. I just sent the latest update to Tim.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Thought this slowtation was slow to begin with.. but with a 110kt headwind lately, it's even slower. I'm at 100% power and only pulling 167kts IAS/279 TAS. Do you guys fly this thing with throttles wide open all the time or ever power back?

Come on Tim, lets get going :Tounge: ...looking forward to that one. Been away for a year and forgot how to fly the CJ2 with the GTN750... I have to learn all over again....hopefully with your video :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Thought this slowtation was slow to begin with.. but with a 110kt headwind lately, it's even slower. I'm at 100% power and only pulling 167kts IAS/279 TAS. Do you guys fly this thing with throttles wide open all the time or ever power back?

The Williams engines are designed for full throttle at altitude. That is usually on the order of 102.4% N1 if you are using those numbers it should be within a needle width as they say of the Cessna book values. Maybe a little less at FL350 then progressively less at the higher altitudes, but 100% throttle.

I always remember the 100.0% N1 is at FL390 in the CJ2. Less as you go higher, of course, but the fuel flow savings makes it worthwhile. The Carenado CJ2 will hold 102.4% up to Fl410 though, maybe a little higher.

Flying with a virtual credit car for jet fuel, why ever go slow?

Check the 0 variation temp at the flight level to see what you can expect for N1.

Regards,

Ray

max cont thrust tablle ice off.JPG

• Upvote 1

Here is the Cruise Performance Table for the first batch of CJ2s. We could beat these numbers by 4 to 10 additional kts. They revised the performance tables to reflect the higher cruise speeds but, I don't have that info with me. I found this table in the old Cessna archives online.

I am on vacation but I have some historical data for speeds vs fuel burns at different weights and altitudes with the v1.1 CJ2. As soon as I find it, I will post it here for you.

Notice all the speeds are at Max Cruise Thrust.

Regards,

Ray

Here you go. FL410 high speed cruise 406 kts TAS. This is about all you can get out of a CJ2 at that altitude. Check all the other numbers in the FlightInfo box against yours.

Regards,

Ray

CJ2 Cruise Table from Cessna 2001.JPG

level at FL410 high speed cruise_900.JPG

Wow! Great information there, thanks! I'll give her another go this morning and see what results I get. Happy holidays, guys!