Sign in to follow this  
GEKtheReaper

PMDG 737NGX freeze on GA

Hallo all,

I'm facing a new problem with my 737.

I have switched from FSX Boxed to FSX SE since 3-4 months now and never had any freezes or crashes or other errors since then. Basicaly I was very pleased with the switch.

On 15.03 I flew my 737 with Air Berlin livery from LDZA to LWSK (VATSIM event). All was fine till I had to hit TOGA due to a miss approach on LWSK. ~20s on my GA and my CDU freezes, 4s after CDU frz., FSX freezes too. Waited for about 1min. and nothing happened. Had to appologize to ATC and was very frustrated ending my flight like that.

Yesterday I reflew the route only to land that thing and performed intentionally again a GA. What happened? Well the same thing: system freeze :O.

3 GA performed with Aerosoft A320 after that, closing the session with a CATII Auto Land due to stronger wind.

Any advice?

Regards,

Gerald

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Any advice?

I believe this is a known issue that we've already placed in the tracker as something to be addressed in a future update.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Kyle, thanks for the quick reply. I found simmilar reports on the forum (some dating way back) with no clear statement if it's a bug or something else. Good to hear that it will be adressed in the future.

I can't recall having this issue on the BOXED FSX version. On the Boxed FSX I had the "standard" CTD issues due to uiautomationcore.dll (FIXED by the correct version of the file) but as I said, I can't recall having any freezes at all.

Is there any work around available like: don't hit TOGA, or use manual THR, or complete manual handling of ACFT?

PS: With the PMDG crashing all the time on GA (and I mean all the time if there is no work around available) then it is imposible (useless) to fly the plane in regard to traffic or to try to take manual control from time to time. It makes it even worse if you fly on VATSIM or IVAO events where the airports tend to get busy.

In other words: IMO this is a major / critical issue that has to be fixed ASAP.

Gerald K. - Germany

PS: With the PMDG crashing all the time on GA (and I mean all the time if there is no work around available) then it is imposible (useless) to fly the plane in regard to traffic or to try to take manual control from time to time. It makes it even worse if you fly on VATSIM or IVAO events where the airports tend to get busy.
In other words: IMO this is a major / critical issue that has to be fixed ASAP.

Don't hit TOGA and you'll be fine.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello guys,

I will bump this up to ask about the update...

Thanks.

Gerald K. - Germany

There is no update.  There is a list of stuff that needs done but it's not close to a version update yet to my knowledge.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello Dan,

well thats a pitty (hope your mistaken).

I can't even remember when the NGX got las updated on SP1d but since then, it seems that it was layed to rest. I'm realy not talking here about a V3 release but a SP to fix some bugs that are known.

TOGA feature is IMHO one of the functions that needs to be in working order.

Regards,

Gerald

Gerald K. - Germany