Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

View FSNavigator '.fsn' flight plans outside of FS9?

I am of course expecting a 'no', as FS navigator acts as a 'plug in' in FS9, but I thought it worth asking anyway.. just in case.

Does anyone know of a way or utility that would allow you (i.e. me) to view an FSN flight plan without having to start up FS9? Just to see the plan on a map is all I am looking for, not to make any interaction with it.  Googling didn't help...

I could just take a screenshot of each one, in FS9, but I have built up way in excess of 2000 plans now, so that's a bit daunting, to say the least!

Thanks.

You might have to export them first, as .txt, .doc or .pdf format for example.

I believe "Super Flight Planner" can open an .fsn outside of the sim but it's been forever since I've had it installed and I wouldn't know where to get it. I think SFP 3 is the one you want, there was an SFP 4 which was either solely for FSX or had FSX support, it wasn't nearly as user friendly as SFP 3 IIRC.

SFP3 can be d/loaded from here.  I have no idea if this is legal so it's up to you whether you d/l it or not.

Dijvid

I have v.4, so installed v.3 as well - but I can't find a way to make the programme open an fsn plan, I just get error messages. Do you know how to do that?

Try Flight Plan > Import and then choose "fsnavigator 4x blah, blah", navigate to your Flight Simulator 9\Modules\FSNavigator\Plan folder and go for it! :smile:

I was trying to import some other way before (can't remember how), but now I look, it's hardly 'rocket science', is it? :smile: I wonder how I manged miss that before. Yes, that works well. The only thing is that the programme doesn't recognise any waypoint names, everything is called 'fix', but for a quick check of an fsn file without having to load the sim, this is just fine.

Thanks!

Edit: Found the NavAid database online (http://simviation.com/simviation/download.php?ID=563) and with the two files installed into the Windows 'Roaming' folders as instructed, all the Nav Aids/waypoints now have names. Version 4 of the programme works fine showing FSN flight plans...