Sign in to follow this  
Guest DreamFleet

Dreamfleet Cessna 310 (7 Charlie Mike)

Hi all,I just had to comment on the this airplane and see if anyone agrees. I have been flying this 310 for two years now and it continues to be one of the best airplanes in my fleet. Though it isn't a new product, the quality is right up there close to most current releases in my opinion. This airplane seems to be spot-on in terms of the flight model. The instruments in the VC are very sharp and smooth. The airplane is very easy on frame rates, the external model is detailed, and the sounds are beautiful. I couldn't ask for more.No I don't work for Dreamfleet. But I sure do appreciate those who do. They produced a classic here.If anyone is looking for a quality light twin, consider this airplane. You won't regret it.Blessings,Bill Worth

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

DreamFleet/Flight 1 produce some of the best aircraft and their panels are top quality. I have never been disappointed and own many of their aircraft...[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONY YOKE|

Guest DreamFleet

Thanks, Bill, so very nice to hear that. Often, these days, I hear folks say that our 310 is "old", but I am not sure how. She is still very much current. Perhaps not quite what our Baron 58 is, but darn close, and still a very nice C-310.There were a few folks who had some system-specific issues with the flight dynamics which, perhaps we might have made too real, but other than that she still looks and flies right up there with our current products.Happy to see you have not forgotten her! :-)We have not forgotten her either, and once we know what FS10 will bring us, she will be on our list for an upgrade, including a new, custom panel. But, that is well off in the future, as FS10 appears to be. ;-)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Guest gasebah

Just to add that I build my home cockpit around the C310 and although I bought at least an additional 6-7 payware planes since then it remains the aircraft I fly on 95% of my flights. It is just a great plane. Not too complex, not too simple with excellent flight dynamics and I would clearly say still worth buying although a little aged.AlexP.S.: I am playing with the thought of buying the Baron and rework my cockpit to make it fit :-). Edited for typos....

Guest EasyEd

Hey All,I must confess I keep looking at this plane and wanting to buy it. If for no reason other than I'm a fan of Sky King. I have the freeware T50 (bobcat) of course and fly it often - not as much as I should though. I'm glad to see that this aircraft's flight dynamics are right "up there". What a thrill it would be to see someone offer a Sky King "package" (310 and a state of the art T50)! Maybe even include an episode of Sky King as part of the download or CD.My light twin of preference is the Cheyenne 400LS primarily because of it's speed. However it too is a somewhat "dated" (despite the recent update) package but I suspect like the 310 it is timeless.If Dreamfleet is looking for another aircraft to model - I'd strongly recommend an EA-400/EA-500 combo package. The rationale is simple - a fast high wing aircraft. How many of those are there? Zilch other than perhaps the 210T. Those who fly FS on A to B flights would - I believe - love a fast high wing twin of Dreamfleet quality. The Extra aircraft mentioned "fit the bill".Another "pet peeve" of mine is - Why don't companies like Dreamfleet offer one aircraft with different air files representing different engine choices? Many aircraft have different engine options either 'at the factory" or as "aftermarket" (AD) choices why not model them? The basic aircraft doesn't need to cange just the airfile in most cases.Take Care! -Ed-PS I'm now comitted to buying the 310. After this - how could I not be? :)

Guest jennifer

She's my favourite GA plane in FS bar none.........a real beaut.

Great aeroplane only let down by poor flight dynamics. I have installed it on two totally different systems with the same results - the aircraft yaws strangely from side to side sometimes.Otherwise a lovely sim aircraft!RegardsAdamFS9.1Win XPPrescott 3.20 GHz - 2GB RAMAsus ATi Radeon X800 Pro TD 256MBOmega Radeon ATI Drivers19" CRT 1600x1200 @ 100hzAudiophile 24/96 Audio

Great aeroplane only let down by poor flight dynamics. I have installed it on two totally different systems with the same results - the aircraft yaws strangely from side to side sometimes.That's not a hard fix. Once that little bit is remedied, hardly a fault at all...

I also posted this in the SIM1.dll thread.Well, I don't know which fix worked but after putting the origional SIM1.dll back and Craigs fix in, all is working better. I bought, but didn't use the C310 as it ran lousy. ie the handling was terrible. So in another thread, they talked about the SIM1.dll. It said that maybe the new SIM1.dll did not work for light twins. I changed both and voila.In a short test, the C310 is now a gem. Will test more on the weekend.JimCYWG

Confused here.I downloaded and installed Alex's "fixes" for the 310. Now the 310 doesnt appear in the list in FS2004 when you try and select the aircraft:( I guess something wrong with the aircraft.cfg? Any ideas?I have downloaded SIM1.dll where does it go and what does it claim to improve?Thanks v muchAdam

Hi Adam,Open the aircraft.cfg file and check the Manufacturer= listing. Normally this would display / be listed under Flight One & Dreamfleet however its possible that this has been changed somehow to CessnaAlastair