Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Made the big mistake and installed 3.2

I get the opening screen, select and aircraft and airport, starts to load and I get a fatal error and P3D shuts down.  Now what.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

It looks like whatever was wrong corrected itself. Had to start it about 4 times, and then it loaded normally and now it loads each time.  :smile:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Then, maybe....., you didn't make a mistake.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Not sure if it is relevant to your situation, but I had to uninstall and reinstall GSX to overcome that little glitch.

Ian S

38.jpg

Hi Bob,

Glad you solved.

3.2 works great, smooth as silk. LM's doing a fantastic job keeping this platform alive & kicking IMHO.

Have yourself a generous glass of your favorite and enjoy the beauty.

Happy flying, cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

It's back to crashing again on startup.  All it says is "Fatal error occurred" and shuts down. . This version  just seems  unstable compared to 3.1 , which is what I was afraid of because my 3.1 was trouble free and running smooth as silk. This version seems to require more than one startup at a new airport. If this keeps up, back to 3.1, because so far I have seen no improvement at all in FPS, from what I was getting before. 

It's back to crashing again on startup.  All it says is "Fatal error occurred" and shuts down. . This version  just seems  unstable compared to 3.1 , which is what I was afraid of because my 3.1 was trouble free and running smooth as silk. This version seems to require more than one startup at a new airport. If this keeps up, back to 3.1, because so far I have seen no improvement at all in FPS, from what I was getting before. 

Having these issues of course you are not going to have a solid sim to enjoy - was this an update or a fresh install - if its an update something is hosed and do a fresh install this version is worlds apart from any other bite the bullet if its not a fresh install you wont be sorry

Rich Sennett

Having these issues of course you are not going to have a solid sim to enjoy - was this an update or a fresh install - if its an update something is hosed and do a fresh install this version is worlds apart from any other bite the bullet if its not a fresh install you wont be sorry

I understand what you are saying, but by the same token this "upgrade" was sold as the new way to upgrade a sim without installing the entire sim. The last time I updated it was less than 2 months ago, and if I have to reinstall the entire sim and all the add ons every 2 months, I am going to find another hobby. I quit simming for years, because of issues like this with MSFS. If it requires a fresh install, then LM should tell people that, and if the version  they have works fine, and the gains are minimal at best for the latest version, I think many people will keep what they have. I like flying, not fixing. So far tonight, I have been fixing. I think if I do a fresh install of something, it will be Version 3.1, which worked perfectly. 

I understand what you are saying, but by the same token this "upgrade" was sold as the new way to upgrade a sim without installing the entire sim. The last time I updated it was less than 2 months ago, and if I have to reinstall the entire sim and all the add ons every 2 months, I am going to find another hobby. I quit simming for years, because of issues like this with MSFS. If it requires a fresh install, then LM should tell people that, and if what they have works fine, and the gains are minimal at best for the latest version, I think many people will keep what they have . I like flying, not fixing. So far tonight, I have been fixing. I think if I do a fresh install of something, it will be Version 3.1. 

All due respect you have said you did an upgrade - not a perfect world especially with computers you are wasting your time if you dont install 3.2 and give it a chance - 3.1 is a huge step backwards  - your call Bob - good luck

• Upvote 2

Rich Sennett

Not necessary to do a full install. Bob, it's likely an addon that needs to be reinstalled. After the sim crashes, right click on the start and click on Event Viewer -> windows Logs -> application. Find the last P3D error and it should tell you the faulting dll. I had an issue with the Virtuali Addon Manager doing the same thing until a reinstall...

My fresh install of 3.2 solved a lot of issues. Took me no time to do either.

• Upvote 1

My fresh install of 3.2 solved a lot of issues. Took me no time...

Wiped my 3.1 Install due to too much testing bloat. So opted for the clean 3.2 and am very glad I did. :wink:
  • Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Not necessary to do a full install. Bob, it's likely an addon that needs to be reinstalled. After the sim crashes, right click on the start and click on Event Viewer -> windows Logs -> application. Find the last P3D error and it should tell you the faulting dll. I had an issue with the Virtuali Addon Manager doing the same thing until a reinstall...

Event viewer shows nothing. It crashes when it is trying to load the program, so it doesn't even get time to run. Once it loads, it runs fine, and it looks good. Improvement in FPS from version 3.1, nothing really, and the ACARS in my VA records the average FPS for the entire flight so it is easy to compare one to the other. In reality I always hear these wild claims of FPS improvements, and I never seem to see them...Placebo effect, I would guess.  

No placebo I could not run my night light addons in 3.1 now I can - that alone was worth the price of admission 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett