Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Made the big mistake and installed 3.2

OK, I think I have fixed it. I decided that I had just installed 2 items, the client and content. Everything else was working perfectly in 3.1 so obviously one of the two things I installed is screwed up. So I then went to uninstall and reinstall the client. When I did this in the windows uninstall menu, it gave me the option to "repair" the client. I figured I didn't have anything to lose at this point, so I repaired the client. Now it starts up everytime....I did about 10 starts with no crashes. Will test it some more tomorrow, hopefully that solved the problem. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Glad to hear you got it sorted. I had a crash issue too but it was just because my FSDT stuff needed to be updated, After i installed the updated stand alone addon manager all was good. (  also REX, ORBX object flow or whatever, FSUIPC and ASN needed new versions but there was no crash )

Edit: don't forget your Q400 too

Glad to hear you got it sorted. I had a crash issue too but it was just because my FSDT stuff needed to be updated, After i installed the updated stand alone addon manager all was good. (  also REX, ORBX object flow or whatever, FSUIPC and ASN needed new versions but there was no crash )

Edit: don't forget your Q400 too

Thanks for the tip on the Q400, that was the only one I overlooked. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thanks for the tip on the Q400, that was the only one I overlooked. 

You can thank me later Bob  :Tounge:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Well the repair of the client still had problems, so I just uninstalled the client and reinstalled it and now it works perfectly. 

• Upvote 1

now it works perfectly.

but... that’s what you said the last time!

joking aside; LM team are working hard to bring a very old code up to date; i think they are doing a good job about it in general,

they may not be perfect; but they are willing, able and committed to the platform; they have a clear view of where they are taking it,

they deserve our support and understanding when things don’t exactly work out the box; they have an open reporting policy;

you can post any issue you run into on their forums; I assure you someone will look into it,

these guys are as committed to Sim as any of us!

I also had these CTD without warnings going from 3.1 to 3.2 and i learned it always is a good start to wipe out (disable) any add-ons from exe.xml and dll.xml and upgrade them one at a time

Helped here anyway

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

they have a clear view of where they are taking it,

I wish they would share there clear view with us!

Peter

Hi Peter,
they have made it clear, they are developing the platform for the professional sector!
considering who LM is by nature; this sits very well in their realm of expertise and professional use; a military and tactics layer has been implemented!
which clearly indicates their direction and seriousness developing the platform,

what i like is that they opted to first fix the existing broken and bring it to a stable and acceptable performance by today’s standards,
once that’s done i believe they will be looking into start adding new features and enhancements,

a responsible approach as id expect from a reputable brand name like Lockheed Martin,

but... that’s what you said the last time!

joking aside; LM team are working hard to bring a very old code up to date; i think they are doing a good job about it in general,

they may not be perfect; but they are willing, able and committed to the platform; they have a clear view of where they are taking it,

they deserve our support and understanding when things don’t exactly work out the box; they have an open reporting policy;

you can post any issue you run into on their forums; I assure you someone will look into it,

these guys are as committed to Sim as any of us!

I posted this problem on their forum last night and it turned out someone else had the exact same problem and he uninstalled 3.2 and went back to 3.1 and the problem went away. I posted how I apparently solved it by reinstalling the 3.2 client. 

well done Bob,
I’m am sure the devs were informed of your post; especially if another user confirms the same behavior,
3.1 had its own issues; call it birth pains; i wouldn’t go back to 3.1 from 3.2; but it may work in your situation until an update is issued,

FYI: I also wouldn’t expect them to comment back on each public bug report;
Not because they are being rude or don’t care; it is simply not their job,
These are highly qualified software engineers paid to develop; not to engage the public,
They do see these posts and look into these issues,

It may seem strange or some may take offense to this when not aware of how things work there,

I thought it’s important to pass this information along,

well done Bob,

I’m am sure the devs were informed of your post; especially if another user confirms the same behavior,

3.1 had its own issues; call it birth pains; i wouldn’t go back to 3.1 from 3.2; but it may work in your situation until an update is issued,

Well, it turns out i jumped the gun again because of the erratic behavior of 3.2 I tried starting P3D about 10 times last night and it worked perfectly. This morning I I tried to start a flight at KSEA, and again the loading box showed up but no bar scale started inside the blank box, and after about 7 seconds, P3D shut down. At this point I guess I have a couple of options:

1. I can reinstall version 3.1 client, because I have the msi for it, but I can't roll the content back which I also changed to 3.2. I have a feeling that 3.1 client won't work with 3.2 content. 

2. I can live with starting P3D multiple times until it finally starts, and this happens the most when I select a new airport to start a flight. 

3. I can do a complete install of 3.2,, but frankly, if 3.2 is broken now, what guarantee do I have that a complete reinstall won't have the exact same problem? 

What made you think 3.2 is broken?
it’s not perfect yet; but it’s far from being broken,
i think the updated process got many confused and wasn’t executed exactly as planned,
nevertheless 3.2 is a very nice and welcome release,

What made you think 3.2 is broken?

it’s not perfect yet; but it’s far from being broken,

i think the updated process got many confused and wasn’t executed exactly as planned,

nevertheless 3.2 is a very nice and welcome release,

I just read that two other people on the P3D forum are having exactly the same problem that I am having. I updated exactly as it should be done, and I have worked and taught  in a high  tech electronics field all my life. If it doesn't work as it should, it's broken. 

Bob,

Uninstall 3.2 Client

Reboot

Uninstall 3.2 Content

Reboot

Install 3.2 Client

Reboot

Install 3.2 Content

See if that works, should just take a few minutes in total.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models