Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

3.2 stuck "Loading Scenery Objects"

Just updated to 3.2...  

I had this problem upon initial load of 3.2  I rebooted and the sim started normally.

Then I updated the GTN and started the sim - worked fine.

Then I updated orbx libraries dll and downloaded new library files - installed fine.  

Rebooted.  Now P3D won't load past 0%.... "Loading Scenery Objects" 

Any ideas?

oh - I did notice I don't have a SITUATION= entry in my p3d.cfg anymore... it was present in 3.1  I tried making a new one but everytime I start P3D (and it sits at 0%) it apparently deletes this line.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Downloading and reinstalling the FSDreamteam standalone add-on manager cleared up my issues.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Ryan,

Try this:

Start P3d with the Sim Director window open by editing Prepar3d.cfg:

[STARTUP]
DEMO=0
STARTUP_DEMO=
LOAD_SIMDIRECTOR=1

Run P3d  and it should now start. Next, in the Sim Director window change the aircraft and airport. Then save the scenario as the default scenario. Now, shutdown P3d and see if you have the "Situation=" line in Prepar3d.cfg. If you do, start P3d again and see what happens. I'm somewhat flying blind here, because this is a problem that I've never seen before.

EDIT: while I was researching this and typing, Bob Donovan posted his suggestion. After reading about this issue online, apparently an addon is causing this behavior with P3d, either GSX or ASN. Try his suggestion first. If that doesn't work, then try temporarily disabling the ASN dll in DLL.XML:

as_srv\as_btstrp.dll

Other thoughts... delete (or move) all existing scenarios and the content of the XML file in your Prepar3d V3 documents folder.

Jay

Downloading and reinstalling the FSDreamteam standalone add-on manager cleared up my issues.

That worked.  I completely forgot about FB and FSDT airports derp!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |