Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

Aircraft tips to the right upon takeoff.

For some unknown reason my 737 has begun to tip to the right upon takeoff.  It continues to want to pull to the right although I can correct the turn.  It only started doing this lately.  I have calibrated my Saitek yoke several times.  I have checked everything I can think of to figure it out.   I even did a system restore.

Any experiences or suggestions would be appreciated.

Ken Thompson

Obvious questions, but. . .

Does your AP engage without an argument?

What are the wind conditions.

When i was having problems with my Saitek gear, the NGX saw it as control input, and would argue with me when i would try to engage the AP.

The wind condition question is kind of obvious. Could you have a cross wind causing a push into a roll?

John Anderson

Windows 10, FSX:SE

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

No, the AP does not engage without an argument.  The weather was a thought.  I checked all my settings in Active Sky.  The only thing I have changed in it lately was more overcast etc.  I shut it off and went with FSX weather and clear skies.  Still pulled to the right. 

As soon as I lift off the aircraft tips to the right.   I correct and level off.  When I let go of the yoke it will begin to pull to the right. 

I have not made any adjustments to the NGX737 control panel but I will certainly recheck the AP issue.

I have calibrated my Saitek yoke several times.

Likely a conflicting axis then, I'm guessing.

Kyle Rodgers

I solved it by doing a system restore back to Feb 22nd.  Some update made my Saitek yoke unstable.  However, upon shutting down my computer it began to do updates.  UGH.   This computer is designated for my FSX only.  I use internet for weather and downloads. 

Do you all do updates or manually control them?

Do you all do updates or manually control them

I have set Windows set to notify me when updates are available. Windows does not download or install updates automatically. 

I have set Windows set to notify me when updates are available. Windows does not download or install updates automatically.

Same.

I review what updates are available and, in most cases, I'll refuse them unless they're security related.

John Anderson

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

Just curious, why is it every time a control issue is mentioned, the brand Saitek pops up? I don't use anything by Saitek and I never have a problem. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Mostly from experience.

That was an issue for me with my Saitek yoke.

That's not to say that they don't have a good product. I wouldn't trade my Saitek for anything, but a common issue is a common issue.

John Anderson

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

Okay, I thought I had solved the problem with the restore but apparently not.  I have checked everything to include flying other aircraft.  It seems to be with the PMDG 737.   I can climb to 3000 and try to fly by hand and it pitches around instead of flying a nice even flight.  I would understand if the weather was the issue but I have shut off the Active Sky and still get pushed around. 

I ran a malware and have no issues found.  

I have not calibrated my rudder or thought of it as an issue.  I will do so.

Landing does not seem to be a problem and it flies fine in AP.  It seems to be on takeoff and manual flight on takeoff.

When I check the Saitek yoke properties the dot in the middle of the square fluctuates minutely and rapidly indicating some sort of interference. I have changed USB ports and it made no difference. When I calibrate I can get it to reset properly in the square.  However, the plane continues to jerk around.  Not violently but somewhat erratic.  I have to really fly it by hand.

Any suggestions are certainly appreciated.   This plane has always been so stable and easy to fly.  I am very confused. 

Unplug your yoke

Count to ten

Plug it back in

Open the Saitek control panel and run through the stops. . .

Fly

John Anderson

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

Rudder is fine. 

I took a flight in the Aerosoft A319 today and a very smooth takeoff.  No pulling to the right so I think it is safe to say that it is not the Saitek controls.

I have flown from several different airports so I don't think it is weather related.

It still takes an immediate dip to the right upon liftoff.  I am at a loss for what could be causing it.  I guess I can live with it and adjust but it is frustrating to say the least.  It never used to do this.  There must me something causing it.  I will continue to experiment within the aircraft setup etc.