Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

The .exe and the .cfg is missing from the "Prepar3D"

Here is a strange one, I can not get my head around 

I have just done a complete Reinstall of Prepar3D v3.2    The only reason i done a complete Install is because of all the Installing and Uninstalling of the New Installer system whilst writing the Guide.  So after i wrote the Guide and i was finished messing around with the Individual Installers i thought to myself     "Sure ill do a nice clean Install of 3.2 and life will be great.

But after i done a complete Uninstall,  Removing everything I then Installed again,  But The .exe is missing from "Prepar3D" in my Core folder,  Also the .cfg is missing from "Prepar3D" in AppData Roaming.  Everything works perfect apart from these missing bits.

I have actually Reinstalled 3.2 twice with the same results

Am i going mad ?  Is this a new thing with V3.2?  :smile:

Hi Elaine,

I updated client+content only so maybe this doesn't apply to my install: sure my Prepar3d.cfg is still there, not sure the .exe (although the desktop shortcut works).

I'm not at my PC right now: will check and report back.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Elaine - if I understand you correctly, the file is there it's just that it says Prepar3d rather than prepar3d.exe.

Right click desktop - select personalize - tools - folder options - view

be sure Hide extensions of known file types is Unchecked

be sure show hidden files and folders IS checked

HTH,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thank you Massimo and Vic for your Response.

Right click desktop - select personalize - tools - folder options - view

be sure Hide extensions of known file types is Unchecked

That's it Vic, Perfect, Thank you very much  :hi:

Go to your Control Panel,  Type folder Options into your search bar,  Click Folder Options Click View  Untick the box "Hide extensions for Known file types"  Click Apply  

25257438044_19abba890b_o.png