Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Simplecam and EZDOK

I was aware of that. What makes me nervous are the reports I read of users having trouble making it work (the hat switch under XP seems to be a particular issue) and then when they uninstal it leaves FSX in a mess as far as the original views are concerned. I was hoping to leave those untouched and just apply the movement effects. Sadly it seems that isn't possible.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I am using simplecam and would luv to have the camera effects in ezdok and use simple cam number pad assignments - let me explain why

With simple cam if I hit a key to an assigned view works great

I can instantly pan with the hat switch and all is normal again so its a seamless interaction - I could not get ezdok to do this - you try to pan and its stuck - have tried many times and posted in ezdok forums but could not get it to work

Any help would be MUCH appreciated as accu-feel is not cutting it on that feeling of floating - simply nothing compares and I doubt Sim Physics compares either

Thank you 

Rich Sennett

This was a few years ago !

I eventually settled on a combination of OpusFS (Live Camera) for views/movement and Accufeel for sounds. Both are very easy to set up and things like the hat switch still work. May not work for everyone, but I'm happy.

Split from a necropost from 2011 and into a new topic.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Wow.. talks about raising zombies... :P

LOL I didnt look at the date wow

This was a few years ago !

I eventually settled on a combination of OpusFS (Live Camera) for views/movement and Accufeel for sounds. Both are very easy to set up and things like the hat switch still work. May not work for everyone, but I'm happy.

Thanks but Opus is not cutting it for me - just a bumps and jitters effect - ezdok gives you that amazing feeling of floating - wish I could get simplecam and ezdok to play together or someone can tell me how to achieve this just in ezdok 

I dont like being constrained - I need hat panning and keypad view selection to work together

Split from a necropost from 2011 and into a new topic.

Thank you my friend - much appreciated

Rich Sennett

Well after installing this new version - happy days it seems the bump effects is working if views assignments are on or off - thats a new one on me

Also never had this problem before with any other addons you have to right click your exe for P3D and go to properties - compatibility and click on run as admin or you will not have ezca in your addons menu in sim - hope this helps others as I dont think Elaine's tutorial mentions this 

One more thing had no effects unless I imported an old camera set I had - still have to disable ezca to pan around but no biggie - setup controller assignments to work with ezca

Rich Sennett

With simple cam if I hit a key to an assigned view works great

I can instantly pan with the hat switch and all is normal again so its a seamless interaction - I could not get ezdok to do this - you try to pan and its stuck - have tried many times and posted in ezdok forums but could not get it to work

that is exactly how i use ezDok, i have 3-4 numpad linked views and pan around with the hat (i also use the middle mouse click for a lot of panning, maybe more so since i fidn it more precise than the hat). not really sure why your hat switch panning doesnt work. one important step is to remove the built-in hat switch assignements in the fsx key config as they conflict with ezdok panning.

good luck

cheers

-andy crosby

that is exactly how i use ezDok, i have 3-4 numpad linked views and pan around with the hat (i also use the middle mouse click for a lot of panning, maybe more so since i fidn it more precise than the hat). not really sure why your hat switch panning doesnt work. one important step is to remove the built-in hat switch assignements in the fsx key config as they conflict with ezdok panning.

good luck

cheers

-andy crosby

Thanks Andy I will look at that but with ezca off its working fine have effects which is what I really wanted - amazing program

Rich Sennett