Sign in to follow this  
mbunjes

NGX suddenly behaving badly

My last three flights all ended in disaster or near disaster. Preparations went smoothly as always, take off normal. However, the outside air temperature decreases way too slowly and the aircraft is hardly able to climb. After a very long time cruise altitude is reached (or not if the flight is a bit shorter). Outside air temperature is about -9 degrees at 35000 ft.

Descent seems normal but on final the aircraft starts to behave very oddly. I get a constant "buffet alert" in the FMC, the engines will not power up, with or without auto throttle engaged or they will power up but  I still get a "thrust required" warning and the aircraft is sinking alarmingly. The aircraft does not react to autopilot inputs and I can't stabilize it by hand. 

I've heard somewhere about the too high temperature issues but I can't find a solution.

Please help !

martin bunjes

Besides FSX I have FSUIPC (registered) , GSX, EZdok, Active sky next with soft clouds, a lot of hardware with SIOC running, on a client pc there's PF3,Navigraph charts, PFPX and Google earth for flight following.

However, the outside air temperature decreases way too slowly and the aircraft is hardly able to climb. After a very long time cruise altitude is reached (or not if the flight is a bit shorter). Outside air temperature is about -9 degrees at 35000 ft.

Flying online?

Kyle Rodgers

Ah, I knew I'd forgotten something. No, not flying online. All the weather is handled by REX and ASN

FSUIPC (registered)

Any weather modifications running in FSUIPC?

Axis assignments?

Kyle Rodgers

No weather modifications in FSUIPC. Yes, all my hardware axis are assigned through FSUIPC, this has always worked flawlessly for me. 

Yes, all my hardware axis are assigned through FSUIPC, this has always worked flawlessly for me. 

Put the FSUIPC.ini on the desktop temporarily. Run the sim. Check for the issue. If it's still there, it's likely the throttle axis (occasionally the flap axis). Either way, put the FSUIPC.ini back into the sim directory (let it overwrite the new one created when the sim was last run). Then, go in and remove the axis assignment in FSUIPC, then assign it only through the sim. You can leave whatever calibration in FSUIPC (reverse zones, etc).

Kyle Rodgers

I did try it and it didn't make any difference. The aircraft would hardly climb, the oat was way too high and on finals the throttle could only be controlled by switching the autopilot off.

Have you tried running without Active Sky (try default, clear weather).

I did try it and it didn't make any difference. The aircraft would hardly climb, the oat was way too high and on finals the throttle could only be controlled by switching the autopilot off.

Our aircraft doesn't control the weather. If OAT isn't dropping on schedule, it's a weather issue - program or otherwise.

Kyle Rodgers

You may want to check to see if FSX controls are enabled. I get issues when using FSUIPC and FSX.

Prepar3d V5 FSUIPC 6.0 GTN Complete, Garmin Trainer 6.50.1
PMDG 737 NGXU, Carenado: B350i King air, EMB505 Phenom300, H25B H850XP
Flightbeam: KDEN, KPHX, KSFOHD, FsDreamTeam: CYVR, KIAH, KJFK, KLAX_V2, PHKO, PHLI, PHNL, PHOG, PHTO,GSX,GSX version 2.5.0.11
Navigraph Simlink, Navigraph, Spad.neXt 0.9.6.5.4
Orbx Global,Vector,Trees,Global openLC North AmericaNorthern California,Northern Rockies,Pacific Northwest, Southern California,KPSP,KSAN,KTVL,PAKT,YMML,NZQN,KMRY,KTVL,NZMF,PAEN,PAJN,PAKT,CYEG,CYLW