Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Forum Search not working

That.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

lol has not worked for me in a long time - gave up on it - no biggie avsim is awesome 

Rich Sennett

Ditto Rich !!!

And cut and paste into a post is giving me fits...

And Tapatalk would be really nice to have back...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Also on my mobile the forums keep switching between full and mobile version...  I know I know...first world problems!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This has been the case for quite awhile. My workaround is to click on the gear icon next to the magnifying glass icon and bring up the advanced search page. Then enter your search terms and scroll through the forum list to select the forum you want to search. Then press Search Now at the bottom of the page and you will get results. The scrolling for the right forum is a time-consuming hassle but this will work until the basic search function is fixed.

Robert

This has been the case for quite awhile. My workaround is to click on the gear icon next to the magnifying glass icon and bring up the advanced search page. Then enter your search terms and scroll through the forum list to select the forum you want to search. Then press Search Now at the bottom of the page and you will get results. The scrolling for the right forum is a time-consuming hassle but this will work until the basic search function is fixed.

Robert

I gave up on it a while back too.

Thank you Robert for that solution, I have to admit I didn't try that, maybe too lazy to scroll through all of the selections.

ol has not worked for me in a long time - gave up on it - no biggie avsim is awesome

+1

Mark Zanzig

The Advanced Search seems to work okay, but I haven't checked it in a day or two. You're right about the mobile/desktop issue. 

The advanced search function does work perfectly.  This is all documented in the Help Using the Forums Forum.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

AVSIM (and other flight sim websites) are indexed by many search engines, and IMHO some of those search engines are better than the forum search on the website.  May not work for recently posted information, but works really well when researching something.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I was looking for a local Kebab House and it came up with "Search Not Found".  There is definitely a problem with it!!  :Whistle:

same  here  keeps coming up  with error, saying  you  not  signed  in   and  don't  have  perrmission

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

A search tip I use to get around this issue is to type in the address bar

site:avsim.com (type search word here) Works in most browsers.

Cheers,

howevr

I was looking for a local Kebab House and it came up with "Search Not Found".  There is definitely a problem with it!!  :Whistle:

same  here  keeps coming up  with error, saying  you  not  signed  in   and  don't  have  perrmission

I just used the search term "a local Kebab House" and this forum popped up as one hit.  You have to hit the cog to the right of the search function to get to the advanced search engine.  Once there, the search function works perfectly.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I just used the search term "a local Kebab House" and this forum popped up as one hit. You have to hit the cog to the right of the search function to get to the advanced search engine. Once there, the search function works perfectly.

Thx Jim that worked

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I just used the search term "a local Kebab House" and this forum popped up as one hit.  You have to hit the cog to the right of the search function to get to the advanced search engine.  Once there, the search function works perfectly.

lol  :P  I think that 'she who must be obeyed' has just met her match Jim. End of Convo.