Sign in to follow this  
timest

New REX Feature Feedback

Hello everyone,

After our developers meeting we have discussed the options to provide our customers more flexibility in regards to the recent discussion here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/485159-so-whats-going-on-at-rex/?p=3390974

The following screenshot of the configuration settings with the area marked in red represents a potential solution to the discussion we have had with our customers here on AVSIM and elsewhere. We welcome and value your feedback as we would like to push this out to our customers in a timely manner. The following applications will take advantage of this new feature:

REX4 Texture Direct
REX4 Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds
REX Soft Clouds

cloud_sizing.jpg
  • Upvote 3

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

This feature would be very welcome Tim.

Some clouds look better at their default size, while others look better slightly larger.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Wow talk about service - is it me or does REX clouds look better - nice

Rich Sennett

Wow, that was QUICK!!  Nice work REX crew.

Cheers, Rob.

A very nice REX feature! Looking forward to it!

Dragos

I9-13900K/ Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC/ Aorus Master Z790/ Kingston 64GB@6000Mhz DDR 5/ 2TB nvme 0.2 Samsung 980 PRO/ Deepcool LS720

Thank you everyone for your input and kind words. We will give this the weekend to see what additional input we get and will start implementing this feature.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

On top of your game :hi:   Great stuff  

First Class service and support! :hi:

Wow talk about service - is it me or does REX clouds look better - nice

They do look better, because it was officially announced that the new update would take the popcorn out from the clouds ;)

Love your products! Looking forward to this welcomed improvement.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Tim & Reed thank you. Its so nice when developers see an issue raised and act upon it, and in this case provide the perfect solution.

One question. Is it possible that when the scale values are written to the shader file, that this is the only part of the file that is changed rather than replace the whole thing each time? I have some other tweaks enabled in the cloud.fx file that I don't want to be changed each time.

Hoping there may be a way around this..

That would be a great feature. Will it affect the cloud sizes in all layers?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Awesome solution REX team! Well done.