Sign in to follow this  
timest

New REX Feature Feedback

Tim & Reed thank you. Its so nice when developers see an issue raised and act upon it, and in this case provide the perfect solution.

One question. Is it possible that when the scale values are written to the shader file, that this is the only part of the file that is changed rather than replace the whole thing each time? I have some other tweaks enabled in the cloud.fx file that I don't want to be changed each time.

Hoping there may be a way around this..

Hi Novation, I will discuss this internally.

That would be a great feature. Will it affect the cloud sizes in all layers?

Chris, all layers except for high-level cirrus clouds. 

@everyone, thank you!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Just to give everyone an update.  We have integrated this feature into:

REX 4 Texture Direct

REX 4 Texture Direct w/ Soft Clouds

REX Soft Clouds

We will begin testing next week.

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Nice and thank you.

Cheers, Rob.

Apologies for hijacking this thread; for those of us who use REX4TD with Soft Clouds - would it be possible to add an option to only consider Soft Clouds when randomly generating themes based on weather and disable all "non-soft" cloud textures?

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

Tim, Reed

Just an idea :

Would it be possible to have REX control the HDR settings ?

With that I mean that REX, dependent of the time of the day can change HDR settings in realtime...

A feature where one can choose daytime and nighttime HDR settings and REX would change over time from one to the other over time.

In this way we can have shiny cloud lighting at daytime and dark nights with more bloom at nignt...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Tim, Reed

Just an idea :

Would it be possible to have REX control the HDR settings ?

With that I mean that REX, dependent of the time of the day can change HDR settings in realtime...

A feature where one can choose daytime and nighttime HDR settings and REX would change over time from one to the other over time.

In this way we can have shiny cloud lighting at daytime and dark nights with more bloom at nignt...

They are developing a new product that might be able to do that - not sure

Rich Sennett

Rich, that idea I now can mimic by using my daytime HDR settings and then make a custom SweetFX ( Reshade ) profile that can be turned On/Off with a hotkey combo while flying.

I really hope rhis feature will be provided by REX...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Nice feature, but don't see the point of it if it's just going to destroy your fps

Mike

@mikeymike - The point of the feature is to allow your more flexibility.  That way you can set it so that your FPS are not hindered, but your experience is amazing.  

@everyone - Just a quick update.  We are in the PRE-DEPLOYMENT of the hotfixes.  That means we are getting things set for release.  We should have them available within the next week.  Thank you for your patience.

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

@everyone - Just a quick update. We are in the PRE-DEPLOYMENT of the hotfixes. That means we are getting things set for release. We should have them available within the next week. Thank you for your patience.

While you are there..., and I know it's a small point, but I notice that there are at least two dialog situations in the REX interface that are a bit illogical.

Eg on exiting the program you get the question "Would you like to backup your texture theme database?"

The options are Cancel or OK.

Surely the options here should be just Yes or NO.

Cancel should mean abort the dialog altogether and return to the previous state

and then OK does not make sense to a Yes/NO question.

You get this also when installing themes.

Looks like you are recycling these dialogs form some other questions that do make sense with a Cancel/OK answer.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Quick update...

We have officially released Hotfix 2 for those who have Service Pack 6 w/Hotfix 1.

You can download the latest build through the application or manually here:

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/forum/22-fsx-p3d/

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Excellent, thank you gents.

Cheers, Rob.