Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

Antonovs of the Caribbean

Well, of St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines....

The Route

The plan this week is to start in Grenada, then make our way north up the Grenadines and continue on to St Lucia.  (Sorry there's not more of a write-up, I had done one but it looks like I lost it to an internet interruption and I want to get this posted).

FSX

Plan-G

Aircraft

This plan is aimed at the slower aircraft in our hangars.  We're only going 139nm so we can take our time, 80-100kts will do nicely.  So a Cessna 172 or Cherokee would be fine, or alternatively a Cub, Bird Dog, Chipmunk, Auster or Antonov An-2 would be interesting choices for a change of pace.  I'll be in an An-2.

Scenery-freeware

Jean Louis Valladier comes up trumps again and covers our route in just three packages, one of which (the mesh) we used last week.

Mesh

St Lucia

Grenadines

Scenery-payware

FlyTampa's Grenadines covers the smaller islands of the group and is supposed to be a nice package (I don't have it).

Where and When

Date and time: Saturday 19th March 2016, 1900 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here)

Thanks, Nick.  Quick question--If we go ahead and get the FlyTampa package, which I was planning to do anyway, will we still require the two from Valladier?

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Quick question--If we go ahead and get the FlyTampa package, which I was planning to do anyway, will we still require the two from Valladier?

I think the FlyTampa package is just the smaller islands and doesn't include St Vincent or Grenada (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not sure what would happen if you run both FT and Valladier sceneries in order to get these - if you try it, you'll probably want the FT scenery above the Valladier Grenadines.  You could also remove the BGLs from the Valladier scenery that correspond to the airports in the FT package, that might help avoid conflicts as well. Sorry, I can't test this out as I don't have the FT scenery.  St Lucia should work alongside the FT scenery without conflict though.  Hope this helps!

Thanks, Nick.  I think I'll stick with the Valladier sceneries for now and leave the FT package for later--fewer complications that way.

Stew

Just a heads up for everyone:  Be sure to disable AEC for TVSM, otherwise there are "artifacts".  Even then, the runway is a little goofy--partially paved, partially grass.

Stew

Hmmm, showed up an hour early - darn Daylight Savings Time  :fool:

Bert

A couple of screenies as we finshed in St Lucia. Ron, Nick & Jeff in the An-2s, Stew in the Porter and Gunter aliased to the Goose behind.

TLPC%20Antonovs%202.jpg?dl=0

Jeff, Ron & Nick enjoying the St Lucia sunset.

TLPC%20Antonovs1.jpg?dl=0

Nice shots, Nick.  Enjoyed the flight this pm as always.

Stew

Just an FYI for you, Chaps:  The Tahiti-style buildings at E. T. Joshua Airport are very different in Valladier's scenery compared to FlyTampa's, as well as the rest of the surrounding area's renderings, notably as well, the "red" blossoms on the bushes all around the area, and the lights on the towers up in the hills above the airport.  Appreciate the description, Chaps--now I know what you were talking about.

Stew

A couple of screenies as we finshed in St Lucia. Ron, Nick & Jeff in the An-2s, Stew in the Porter and Gunter aliased to the Goose behind.

TLPC%20Antonovs%202.jpg?dl=0

Jeff, Ron & Nick enjoying the St Lucia sunset.

TLPC%20Antonovs1.jpg?dl=0

Surrounded by junkyard dogs! Scruffy buggers! :rolleyes:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

night-night.jpg

I thought this looked quite nice, with the setting sun an' all.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.