The reason the sheets are the way they are is the modeler doesnt know how to un-wrap the model to make it user friendly for the next guy who has to paint it - thats what it really comes down to - the model un-wrap stage is very important for repainting a model and takes a lot longer to un-wrap a model to make it easier for the end user to paint - how do you think they keep pumping out all of these products

They have been using the same modeler since Carenado was born as it has always been this way in his defense his modeling is great but un-wrapping skills or tool he is using is un orthodox imo

Do you think they internally use a different method of painting or do their texture artists have to deal with this as well?

Do you think they internally use a different method of painting or do their texture artists have to deal with this as well?

He would have to deal with it also 

Rich Sennett

There is a name for how they paint the original, only I cannot remember what it is called. Basically if I understand it correctly, they are actually painting a 3-D version and it breaks it down from there. Not sure how that happens exactly either. That's why there is no paint kit. I wish there was a program that would reassemble the pieces to paint it as a whole.

Don

There is a name for how they paint the original, only I cannot remember what it is called. Basically if I understand it correctly, they are actually painting a 3-D version and it breaks it down from there. Not sure how that happens exactly either. That's why there is no paint kit. I wish there was a program that would reassemble the pieces to paint it as a whole.

Don

All I know it that it is very difficult, almost impossible, to paint simple straight lines down the side of a Carenado/Alabeo fuselage or adding something that should be simple like a registration number to an engine nacelle or on the vertical tail is worse than a root canal.  :Tounge:

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

All I know it that it is very difficult, almost impossible, to paint simple straight lines down the side of a Carenado/Alabeo fuselage or adding something that should be simple like a registration number to an engine nacelle or on the vertical tail is worse than a root canal.  :Tounge:

Regards,

Ray

No root canal for me tomorrow - just getting that wisdom tooth out - bye bye - adios  :dance:

Rich Sennett