Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

P3DV3 Scenery Library issues

I'm about to loose mind,after spending all day doing a clean install do to constant crashing in the Caribbean region,I load up P3Dv3 to find half of the scenery I installed hadn't been added to the .CFG, so I went to go add it and got the first message, then after hitting ok I got the second one  and now I get the third every time I load P3D I've tired deleting the Scenery.cfg to start fresh (I have a back up of the original messed up one) but then no addon scenery is added even orbx vector. I would be nice if these message actually pointed at the scenery that was causing the issue instead of being so vague. Any ideas?

Untitled.jpgUntitled1.jpgUntitled2.jpg

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Personally I would go into you ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\ folder and open scenery.cfg there with notepad and scroll to the bottom and look at the layer numbering and paths to the scenery.  I've seen duplicated numbers and layers before.

I've had the numbering errors and fixed it by checking this file and manually correcting the errors.

You could also get the sceneryconfig editor and have it check and correct the errors also.  It works very well.  I use it to manually add and double check all my scenery layers.  It will let you know if it finds any errors.

Sean Green

You could also get the sceneryconfig editor and have it check and correct the errors also. It works very well. I use it to manually add and double check all my scenery layers. It will let you know if it finds any errors.

+1

And you can easily switch off scenery not being used in a flight.

Gordon