Sign in to follow this  
Guest MiguelSantos

TropicalSim, OSS, ImagineSim, FlightScenery and WorldSceneries

Guest MiguelSantos

Hello guys,I was just wondering, if I could get some "independent" thoughts about these scenery developers, and tell me what do you think, if you own any of theire sceneries.I'm considering buying some sceneries of them all, but I would like to have an idea about theire general quality, performance and so on.Your input is much welcome.Thank you in advance.MiguelPS: I must say, that I'm a little demanding regarding general quality, but not that much. I think FlyTampa is teh best, followed by others, like: Simwings, ISD, GAP, Simflyers, UK2000 and George Grimshaw, with the fantastic KBOS!!

Flight Scenery and their RI product is fantastic flytampa-like quality. Imaginesim is great work but harder on FPS. Not sure about any of the rest. But that is what I have gathered as I don't own any of those products yet. I've been meaning to buy more scenery but the past few weeks I've dedicated to flying around the scenery I already have!

Guest MiguelSantos

Thanks guys,RhodeIsland in fact look great, but I was wondering if it wasn't hard on FPS. From ImagineSim I already heard something about performance, so..... I'll think....Anyone that has TropicalSim sceneries or any from others, please feel free to comment it.Thanks guys.Miguel

Miguel, the Flightscenery Rhode Island project is state of the art in visuals and performance, only drawback is that it is Rhode Islabd and not another area, but I now fly there regularly and with William Shays addons for the area, Aerosoft Manhatten and Grimshaws Boston Logan it gioves me lots of flight options for the area.I have several of the Tropicalsim caribbean airports and their key West scenery, awesome detail and not bad on frames, but their design techniques can kill the autogen in places (Norman Manley area), but I am big on autogen which is why I notice, other than that great stuff. Right now at Simmarket you can get a bundle with ALL their scenery for really cheap.Hope that helpsRegards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest aarskringspier

Flight Scenery is about as good as it gets as well as very very frame rate friendly. Imagine Sim makes nice scenery and I use them all but they are a bit harder on frames if you dont have a fairly new PC. OSS I dont know, I know they sure like to announce that they are producing 400 different airports but never much progress on them.

Guest MiguelSantos

Michael,Thank you for your input. You helped me to decide some! One of the reasons I put this post was exactly after I saw that bundle of all from Tropicalsim. And I'm looking to fly to smaller airports, like those at caribbean islands, but also, make some circuits on Brasil.Thank you.Randy,Thanks too! I have a PIV 2.66 (shortly will be upgraded to a 3.4), 1GB Kingston DDR400 RAM and GF6800GT Ultra. Specially when upgrading the CPU I hope to see some good improvement in performance, despite I'm not too disappointed right now, only on some Simflyers scenery, and unexpectadly FlyTampa Miami!! But even on DFW or ORD from Simnflyers I don't get stutters/slide-Show feeling, but in fact the fps decrease quite significatly.So I guess even without the upgrade, I'll get suficient enough perfomance to my taste!Thanks guys!MiguelPS: Now the down size! I'll tell my wife who are the responsables for the charges on Credit Crad that she will be seen in a few days!!!! :-outta