Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

The future of the NGX

Haven't been in here for some time and was wondering what's the latest regarding the NGX...is a service pack adding new features still on the to do list?

Richard Åsberg

Haven't been in here for some time and was wondering what's the latest regarding the NGX...is a service pack adding new features still on the to do list?

Hi Richard, welcome back.  There's no news for the NGX.  PMDG will be putting the 747v2 into beta soon and we are beta testing the DC-6 in the X-Plane platform, which is a long development cycle because of X-Plane... like ducks in the pond. Looks quiet but the feet are working hard underneath the surface.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan: You mean the 747 is still not in Beta testing as of now?  Damn, looks like a 2017 release!!

Paul Gugliotta

Dan: You mean the 747 is still not in Beta testing as of now?  Damn, looks like a 2017 release!!

Beta testing will take 8 months? Stop already.

Richie Walsh

I know they do the best they can, but I wish it didn't take so many years from announcing a project until release. The real 747 was designed and built in one year. Not slamming PMDG, I'm just getting old' and am afraid I'll miss out on these fantastic new productions. 

Vic green

I was thinking about opening a similar thread just yesterday!

In my opinion, with the SP1C the NGX is working very well with no issues at all. Therefore, maybe a (paid for) upgrade (rather than update) would be appropriate?

My 'wish list', so to speak:

• B737-900ER
  • split scimitar winglets and according performance improvements
  • (maybe a model with smaller cockpit windows when flying w/o the HUD)
  • T/O CONFIG, CAB ALT warning lights
  • more configuration options (non-aspirated TAT probes, R-TO rating instead of D-TO, ...)
  • perhaps a visual revision with clean/new and 'worn & torn' cockpit textures
  • automatic loading/fueling in a given time like on the 777
  • Upvote 1

The real 747 was designed and built in one year.

Sorry but that's not true. Work on the 747 started at least in 65 and the first flight took place in 69. It was designed in at least 2 years, which is EXTREMELY fast. Also you can't really compare the amount of people and resources of Boeing vs. PMDG.

Guys, let them do their thing. Let them BETA test for a year if it's necessary. What's important is that the end product is polished!

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I wish these companies could put me on a mailing list.  I really don't have time to check the boards to see if the LD757 is out,  or the QW787 is out or the new 747 is complete.  Do you know how many times in the last decade I checked the LD site for news on the 757?  Wasted time. 

How about a mailing list and when a new release it out, send me an e-mail.

• Upvote 1

Paul Gugliotta

split scimitar winglets and according performance improvements

What performance improvements? You are going to notice literally zero difference in performance in the sim here. The scimitars only bring better fuel economy in the long run. There are very minimal improvements on a per-flight basis.

I wish these companies could put me on a mailing list.  I really don't have time to check the boards to see if the LD757 is out,  or the QW787 is out or the new 747 is complete.  Do you know how many times in the last decade I checked the LD site for news on the 757?  Wasted time. 

I think Aerosoft have a mailing list. They will announce it's release pretty quickly after PMDG do.

What performance improvements? You are going to notice literally zero difference in performance in the sim here. The scimitars only bring better fuel economy in the long run. There are very minimal improvements on a per-flight basis.

That is what I meant, better fuel performance. Which I assume would require a lot more work to implement than just the adding the new winglets to the aircraft model.

Sorry but that's not true. Work on the 747 started at least in 65 and the first flight took place in 69. It was designed in at least 2 years, which is EXTREMELY fast. Also you can't really compare the amount of people and resources of Boeing vs. PMDG.

Guys, let them do their thing. Let them BETA test for a year if it's necessary. What's important is that the end product is polished!

Your right Jaime. Wikipedia says 28 months. I was going by a Smithsonian channel documentary I saw.

Beside the point, for PMDG or any other company customer interest and enthusiasm is a good thing and should be an encouragement to them.

As a side note the 747 wasn't that polished when it came out. Minor issues like engines that would over heat taxing in a tale wind. If I remember I think the first PAN AM maiden flight was canceled for some anomaly. If PMDG was around then they could have Beta tested it for them. :smile:   

Vic green

You would have to be living under a rock not to find out when a new aircraft is released. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

As a side note the 747 wasn't that polished when it came out. Minor issues like engines that would over heat taxing in a tale wind. If I remember I think the first PAN AM maiden flight was canceled for some anomaly. If PMDG was around then they could have Beta tested it for them. :smile:   

Oh yes that's true! And the problems with the Cargo Door locking mechanism! And the problems with the Rudder on the 737 also comes to mind...

There's a very interesting book on this by Jan Roskam: Lessons Learned in Aircraft Design

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F