Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Blurry in distance and ring of autogen...any fix?

.4 or .5 works better but tried without and seems the same so maybe it is useless have to test more Lamar

Thanks Rich, will stay tuned.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Rich,

How did you managed with out blurry?

Look at blurry in my screenshot with

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1 and ROD6.5

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/923/eVDWqr.jpg

Maybe my system and Titan X I dont know but I will tell you one thing that .1 crashes my my p3d every time - I wont try anything below .3 but right now trying without any fiber with these settings

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=33
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0

Plan on playing with the MULT but so far seems as good as using fiber maybe a bit less scenery blurries 

Rich Sennett

I will try . I wonder why 0.1 doesn't  work for you .I have no problem

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I will try . I wonder why 0.1 doesn't  work for you .I have no problem

I dont know why either - all I do know is it is terrible here

Rich Sennett

Maybe my system and Titan X I dont know but I will tell you one thing that .1 crashes my my p3d every time - I wont try anything below .3 but right now trying without any fiber with these settings

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=33
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0

Plan on playing with the MULT but so far seems as good as using fiber maybe a bit less scenery blurries 

I didn't see any difference with TBM of 35 but tried 50 just to see and it seemed better.  Not sure what it does exactly but definitely seemed like it blended in better.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I didn't see any difference with TBM of 35 but tried 50 just to see and it seemed better.  Not sure what it does exactly but definitely seemed like it blended in better.

Thanks Mark good place to start I will try that

Rich Sennett

The two work as a multiplier for textures

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=66
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=33
 66/33=2  ie would double the texture loading
not to sure if this works with unlimited frames. it has been suggested that the TexturemaxLoad value comes into the ball game.
I'm sure when I first installed this latest ver LM have set these two at 30, ie no increase
so I suppose it depends on your system cpu,gpu mem 
bob

The two work as a multiplier for textures

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=66
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=33
 66/33=2  ie would double the texture loading
not to sure if this works with unlimited frames. it has been suggested that the TexturemaxLoad value comes into the ball game.
I'm sure when I first installed this latest ver LM have set these two at 30, ie no increase
so I suppose it depends on your system cpu,gpu mem 
bob

Yes the 33 number represents the frame rate setting in sim  0= unlimited - I did not know that till today

Rich Sennett

Sounds like we maybe onto something here, and thanks to Jeroen and others for the information. I will try these suggestions when I get home from work today. 

I too have been plagued by the blurries in P3D v3. I recently upgraded my system to a 6700k OC4.7 with a Titan X and 65in UHDTV set to 30hz when V3 came out. However I was somewhat surprised to find slow texture loading and blurry ground textures in the distance and beneath the aircraft, but for the first time in history of Flight Simming I had smooth flying with just about everything MAX'd out.

I get best results with no stutters when I set FXAA OFF, MSAA 4 Samples, Texture Filtering 16X, Vsync ON, Triple Buffering checked.

Before version 3.2 I needed to set frame rates to unlimited otherwise I got stutters, Now with a clean install of 3.2 I can lock the frames at 30 and the sim is still stutter free, which I think means I can now use some of the tweaks mentioned here in this thread. (correct me if I'm wrong as I assume setting Frames to Unlimited FFTF tweaks are useless)

So far I have tried (before the start of this thread) FFTF 45, AffinityMask=84 & 85 (HT on) with really no noticeable changes in anything including the blurries.

Maybe I'm bottlenecking something but most of the time the Titan X and 6700k are sitting below 50% usage.

Thanks again for these suggestions.

IM

Yes the 33 number represents the frame rate setting in sim  0= unlimited - I did not know that till today

Hi Rich if you still have blurries you clould also try in NI Texture Filtering - Driver Controlled LOD Bias" is set to "On" and in Texture Filtering - Negative LOD bias" is set to Clamp..

in Texture filtering LOD Bias (dx) i use a value of -0.50

bob

the only tweaks I have in the .cfg file apart from the two I've mentioned is AM=116.

In NCP

1)Maxpre-rendered frames=1  ( for refresh rates less than monitor refresh otherwise use 3 if multi gpu and unlimited frames.)

2) High Quality

3) prefer Max Performance.

bob

Hi Rich if you still have blurries you clould also try in NI Texture Filtering - Driver Controlled LOD Bias" is set to "On" and in Texture Filtering - Negative LOD bias" is set to Clamp..

in Texture filtering LOD Bias (dx) i use a value of -0.50

Thanks not much of a problem but always looking for more  :wink:

Rich Sennett

I have been seen the same issue , ring and blurries outside of that ring, and very poor performance (PMDGT7 @ FSDT KLAX)  with 3.2. I just downgraded (uninstall and full re-install to 3.1) and back to normal.. 

I am going to be getting a new system soon, I dont have to have 3.2 at the moment.. first time I had to downgrade a sim after a new update.. bummer

John.

Same here, since the update from 3.1 to 3.2, autogen drawing distance and lod radius is significantly worse. I have to test if eliminating all my P3D.cfg tweaks I have currently does any good, but somehow I doubt. BTW: the decreased autogen and LOD quality at least on my build easily explains the increased performance over 3.1...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS