Sign in to follow this  
Silvenkovich

FSX Install SP1 Problem

I have this same issue. any help is accepted, i just installed my fsx from iso files, when i opened fsx again, it didn't asked me for a key... weird i have a key. i dont know why. After this fsx runs normally with the same scenery.cfg index i mean with the same unchecked and checked boxes, now trying to install sp1 for the performance it just appears that i should put the disk and then it just says that windows is configuring microsoft flight simulator... and 9 minutes left. After aprox. 10 mins it appears.

SP1 did not install succsesfully I HAVE NO CLUE WHY! :mad:  :fool: 

By the way, i didn't install fsx in the default root folder, (Program Files x86..) Blah Blah.... I installed them in the HDD C:\FSX 

PLEASE HELP! I NEED HELP GUYS! 

Should i make a fsx original clean install from my disk and remove the iso files, i saw that iso are faster that's why is the first time that i use them. So i think that's the problem....

I wanna help please : :blush:

Sometimes faster just isn't better!  Install from Discs.  Digging up old threads to post on ain't that great, either.

You wanted to install SP1 but why did you put the Disc in?  SP1 and SP2 are downloaded files that you

execute.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yeah i know hehe, but when i try to install fsx sp1 in the set up... It says that the content that i want to use is in a cd-rom and the path is the CD-1, i don't remember that you should use a disk for the service pack :/ and when i ran fsx, it didn't ask me the product key so that's kinda weird, because in the past re-installations it used to ask me the key :/

Regards and Cheers from the north of Mexico :D 

Btw, how can i post a new thread? I am kinda new at this :D hehe 

Btw, how can i post a new thread? I am kinda new at this :D hehe

I split your post from a 2008 topic with the same subject.  In the future, if you want to start a new topic, just look at the right corner of a forum, say, the FSX Forum and it will say, "Start New Topic".  Click on that and then enter your subject and then type in your questions or comments.  Welcome to AVSIM!  We'll help you get things going here.  I know it can be quite daunting the first few days of membership. 

BTW, you were necroposting and that is frowned upon throughout the Internet.  Not to worry here as we have Moderators who are trained to split posts from topics and set you straight.

It says that the content that i want to use is in a cd-rom and the path is the CD-1, i don't remember that you should use a disk for the service pack :/ and when i ran fsx

Charliearon is correct.  You have to download SP1 and then SP2 from the Internet.  Once you do that, you right click the SP1.exe and select Run as Administrator.  If it is saying the content that you want to use is in a CD-ROM then maybe you did not fully install FSX.  You should also run FSX at least one time before you try installing SP1 or SP2.  If you have Acceleration, you do not install SP1 or SP2 as SP1 is included and SP2 is the freeware version of Acceleration.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks!

Mr. Jim and sorry for the necroposting stuff, i did not have clue about that! And yes, i think fsx is not installed at all, even it runs fine but the add-on content i mean Service Packs can't be installed at all. Thanks for your help and i will do my best for help this community.

Thank You Guys :D and have a good night.  :smile:  :wink:

ERROR 1402viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16315

Hello Guys! Again :C i installed FSX, i tried to install it in Program Files x86 but  the installer installed it in C:\FSX folder, well i ran fsx and it runs Fine, but at the hour of install SP1 it says that it couldn't open a key and the install closes down. I am DISAPPOINTED! I dont know what to do! 

There is something in your system registry which is not allowing you administrative privileges/permissions.  This is not a FSX SP1 issue but a Microsoft Windows issue.  Here is an excellent tutorial for locating and fixing each key - http://www.okino.com/conv/changing_windows_registry_permissions.htm

If this does not work, you are going to have to reformat and reinstall Windows and then FSX.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

:dance: IT WORKS! ERROR 1402 SOLVED FSX SP1!  :wink: 

Hello community, i finally installed sp1 into my fsx, i spent almost 1 week, trying to solve the problem, 1 week thinking in the night what was the problem, 1 week without flying, If you are reading this is because you have the same error in the key, but don't worry in this post i will show you how. I know how it feels, that feeling, a lot of people said in the forums that it was a 

HERE IS THE SOLUTION! IF YOU WANT TO SOLVE IT , IT DOESN'T MATTER WITH ''OS'' YOU HAVE READ THESE LINES PLEASE  :wink: 

windows problem and the solution was re-install windows, but NO! Dont do that! I WANT to say that it was so hard because the videos on youtube was only for Windows 7 and i have winodws 8.1, and i was so angry/sad about it,. I want to help you and i know how you feel. So i will post some Links. 

Start Windows in Secure Mode, JUST RUN WINDOWS KEY +R AND TYPE ''msconfig'' and in boot , select SAFE BOOT.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_programs/registry-editor-could-not-set-security-key/9c0d6cf5-626a-4bb6-b7d3-1e33157b3fb1?auth=1

Change the Rights is so so USEFULL

http://tipsandtricksforum.com/thread-235.html

Try to ruun SP1 in different users. maybe theuser is blocked and you should enter as an administrator, or the admin is blocked and you should enter as a normal user.

I saw some videos, and one that i saw was in another language, i speak 3 languages GERMAN,SPANISH and english so try to use the ''CC'' 

Change the user.

DON'T BE AFRAID TO CHANGE USERS!!!!! 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-performance/trying-to-load-fsx-sp1-receive-error-1402-could/b51fb2aa-26d9-450c-b92d-020a685f8cf1

This was the same problem than mine, try to change the users, Make a NEW USER!! If you try to enter the sp1.exe with admin rights and the problem appears, Go and enter without the admin rights,

Post an answer asking, i am here to help you guys, I AM PROUND OF BE MEMBER OF THIS COMMUNITY.

Btw Thanks to Jim Young and the Admin Staff to try to solve our problems and take the time to build this website .

Saludos desde  Monterrey México!!! Y espero que el problema se solucione, no dudes en preguntarme!!! Estoy para ayudarte! Y espero que se haya solucionado! Sí no... Comenta este post para revivirlo y ayudarte.

Psalm 92:8 But you, LORD, are most high for ever more.

In Loving Memory Of

Tom Allensworth,
Founder of AVSIM Online

Good to hear you were able to solve your problems.  The 1402 error is very common but complicated to fix in most cases. 

Thanks for your comments about the AVSIM community.  We are proud to have you aboard too.  It is the largest so you are surrounded with a lot of friends in the community.  Like in all communities, there are rules everyone must abide by and many of them are posted in the Terms of Service located under the Forums tab above (or the link is in my signature).

There is another general rule throughout the Internet and here too and that's 'shouting'.  When you type in all caps, that is considered 'shouting' and it is rude to shout in forums - https://newrepublic.com/article/117390/netiquette-capitalization-how-caps-became-code-yelling.  I hope you will not do this in the future as many of our members do not like it.  In the future, your post or topic will be removed from view if you use all caps.  Thanks for your cooperation.

We welcome you to the community and hope you enjoy your visits.  Thanks for providing a solution to your issue.  Perhaps it will help many others in our community.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM