Sign in to follow this  
ahsmatt7

MT6 P3d v3.1 extremely poor performance

I bought MT6 off of simmarket today. installed it and it brings my frames down from 30 to 10. I turn my traffic sliders down to 0 and frames go up to 15. Performance doesn't increase until I disable the MT6 entry in the simobjects.cfg file. Any solutions?  This happens at all the big airports. with PMDG airplanes and the default f22. Im very disappointed.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Hi. Try about 20 - 25% traffic slider. Also turn off exits for ground animation in airplanes folder.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

I bought MT6 off of simmarket today. installed it and it brings my frames down from 30 to 10. I turn my traffic sliders down to 0 and frames go up to 15. Performance doesn't increase until I disable the MT6 entry in the simobjects.cfg file. Any solutions?  This happens at all the big airports. with PMDG airplanes and the default f22. Im very disappointed.

Something seems drastically wrong with your system. What is your system, anyway? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hello Matthew.  

Yes first adjust your Traffic settings,  Start very low 5% and work your way up till you get to a comfortable stage.  If that doesn't work............

Personally when i Install My Traffic 6, I start Prepar3D, Pick an Airport  What for it to load,  Close down Prepar3D and Delete your Shaders folder,  It will rebuild again with new Shaders   http://bit.ly/1P17ZHo

Again Personally 

If you have Adjusted your settings down to a reasonable % to suit your system and your fps are still bad at low traffic settings,  Delete your Prepar3D.cfg.  You will have to adjust all your settings again, Including your Traffic settings   

Prepar3D.cfg is located here      (C:) ► Users ► your user name ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► PreparD v3

Hey folks,

To go more in depth, i had my traffic settings in p3d set to 10% for airline and GA traffic.

My system has 8gb of ram on a 2700k clocked at 4.6GHZ and i also have a gtx 970 that i got during christmas time.

Ill try the sjggestions tonight. If it doesnt work, then ill have to revisit it next weekend after my trip.

Thanks for the help so far everyone!!!

Matt kubanda

Tweak the Config Files, 2.- Update the drivers i have a good software called SlimDrivers, it's awesome, or the last option re-build the p3d shader cache. here is  a quick view to the delate shader cache, it can solve issues and boost performance.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?283238-Just-What-Is-quot-Deleting-Shaders-quot

Cheers from Monterrey.

Jehovah bless you and i hope u can solve your issue, anytime i'm here :D Good Night Sir!

MT6 can have a performance hit with high settings but with your system it should perform ok.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Find the Traffic Optimizer thread here on AVSim and use the app with p3d. It will improve performance with AI addons, except UT2, which already has a built-in optimizer.

• Upvote 1

Find the Traffic Optimizer thread here on AVSim and use the app with p3d. It will improve performance with AI addons, except UT2, which already has a built-in optimizer.

I forgot to mention that I already tried that program. I dropped it down to 1 airplane and it stills kills my performance.

Matt kubanda

I Deleted my shaders and I let them rebuild. I found the option to drop the animated jetways. The jetways option was the killer. Im getting 20-30 fps now with all my addons and 50 set as my amount in the traffic optimizer. Thank you everyone for the help!!!!

Matt kubanda

" I found the option to drop the animated jetways. "

What is this? Don't quite understand.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Go to MyTraffic folder, then  aircraft, scroll down, open Aircraft Config Editor and untick Enable exits for ground animation.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

Not sure that the slider levels do say much.

At 100% in Papua New Guinea or Alaska there's no impact on the framerate as they only bring a couple of flights. At 25% in the Bay Area or widely flown air corridors over Europe they can bring P3D to a significant slow.

Before my fligth I check with a right click how many aircraft are over me and consequently tune the sliders not to have too many aircraft.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Not sure that the slider levels do say much.

At 100% in Papua New Guinea or Alaska there's no impact on the framerate as they only bring a couple of flights. At 25% in the Bay Area or widely flown air corridors over Europe they can bring P3D to a significant slow.

Before my fligth I check with a right click how many aircraft are over me and consequently tune the sliders not to have too many aircraft.

You can use Traffic Optimizer.

Use this and then you don't have to micromanage your AI, it is done automatically. 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zmdftsy127jgux2/AirTrafficManagerFSX-P3D+Radar.zip

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310