Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Majestic Q400 Makes Me Feel Stupid

Best purchased made this year! its really an enjoyable video to watch and so much to learn from. Majestic Q400 has to be one of the most realistic aircraft on the market.

- Paul Cartier

I purshased the cadet too and i will buy soon the FO version.Very good job and explaination, i learned a lot.

Thanks for the kind comments guys. Means a lot! I noticed today that the Q400 Training edition is already up and running and in development. Q400 Captain Training anyone?

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Thanks for the kind comments guys. Means a lot! I noticed today that the Q400 Training edition is already up and running and in development. Q400 Captain Training anyone?

Ben, I don't even own the pmdg 777 and I'm considering getting the videos just for the hell of it because they are so entertaining.

I know it's not josh with you on these but hopefully the same style will be present with you and the 777 captain.

Perhaps josh will return for the a320 series training?

Ben, I don't even own the pmdg 777 and I'm considering getting the videos just for the hell of it because they are so entertaining.

I know it's not josh with you on these but hopefully the same style will be present with you and the 777 captain.

Perhaps josh will return for the a320 series training?

Josh may one day fly the Triple as his airline operates a huge fleet of them but it's a senior aircraft so it would be some way off yet. The guy we have for the 777 training is quite different to Josh. Josh and I are much closer in age, enjoy an easy banter and Josh isn't afraid to call me out when I try to kill us, often with amusing results 'that hill looks awwfully close, Benjamin...'

Our 777 guy is a veteran airline Captain and around my Dad's age so the dynamic is different - the sheer complexity of trying to teach a heavy jet in 10 or so lessons has meant that I have had to do a lot more swatting up and am not a COMPLETE novice. So we assume as the starting point for the 777 that you've had a play around with the aircraft and can probably just about get it started and in the air, but you're often overwhelmed by aircraft and a lot of the time you're out of the loop with why the aircraft does certain things and why it won't do what you want it to. So this is more along the lines of the world's most junior 777 Cadet hanging out with one of the most experienced airline Captains in the world. However as much as the dynamic is a little different, Capt Ashcraft is a fun and very charismatic character, full of stories of places we visit in the training (anyone heard of the local Hawaiian delicacy 'Loco Moco'?) and is a real life one star General in the National Guard, so is used to issuing orders!

As for the A320 course, Josh has expressed an interest in doing it and as and when the FSL Bus comes along, we'll be on the case.

Josh may one day fly the Triple as his airline operates a huge fleet of them but it's a senior aircraft so it would be some way off yet. The guy we have for the 777 training is quite different to Josh. Josh and I are much closer in age, enjoy an easy banter and Josh isn't afraid to call me out when I try to kill us, often with amusing results 'that hill looks awwfully close, Benjamin...'

Our 777 guy is a veteran airline Captain and around my Dad's age so the dynamic is different - the sheer complexity of trying to teach a heavy jet in 10 or so lessons has meant that I have had to do a lot more swatting up and am not a COMPLETE novice. So we assume as the starting point for the 777 that you've had a play around with the aircraft and can probably just about get it started and in the air, but you're often overwhelmed by aircraft and a lot of the time you're out of the loop with why the aircraft does certain things and why it won't do what you want it to. So this is more along the lines of the world's most junior 777 Cadet hanging out with one of the most experienced airline Captains in the world. However as much as the dynamic is a little different, Capt Ashcraft is a fun and very charismatic character, full of stories of places we visit in the training (anyone heard of the local Hawaiian delicacy 'Loco Moco'?) and is a real life one star General in the National Guard, so is used to issuing orders!

As for the A320 course, Josh has expressed an interest in doing it and as and when the FSL Bus comes along, we'll be on the case.

hmm it seems i have a vimeo login (bought the cadet traning once via (airline2sim ) but not an airline2sim account ?

Guess i just need to register again . Is it still vimeo that you use for the video presentation ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

hmm it seems i have a vimeo login (bought the cadet traning once via (airline2sim ) but not an airline2sim account ?

Guess i just need to register again . Is it still vimeo that you use for the video presentation ?

Michael Moe

Hi Michael, the story is this:

We have two products currently - the Q400 Cadet Training and the Q400 First Officer Training. The FO is only available through our site, and is viewable and downloadable from there. The Cadet is also now available from our site in exactly the same way, but we also sold it via a few other resellers and via Vimeo's 'On Demand' platform originally. There's no easy way to allow customers who bought the Cadet program via Vimeo access to our site to view it directly in the way that our own customers can, as Vimeo don't share customer info with us, so we've no way to know who bought it or otherwise. For now, if you bought it via Vimeo, then you should still be able to log in and view it from there. We're working on a plan to tidy up this. 

All our future programs will only be available via our own site.

Get in touch if you need any more help. 

Hey Orlaam, I can understand why you might think that our preview videos are overdone and edgy, but frankly most FS tutorials do little other than send you to sleep. There are some gems out there as others have pointed out but most are poor visually, presentationally or just plain wrong.

Flying a Dash 8 in the wild is a pretty adrenalin inducing thing to do and we try to capture a bit of that. In the FO course we repeatedly try to kill ourselves (fire, engine fail at V1 into terrain, RTO, circle to land in the Alps) and it's all pretty exciting stuff.

Several people have emailed me about our programs in the past and said - 'really - is it worth it?' I've offered them a refund if it wasn't. Thus far, no one has wanted their money back. In fact, over 3/4 of the Cadet customers have come back to learn more with the FO course, so we must be doing something right :)

Well it is something I will consider.  I just wanted a better preview of what the video is going to show, rather than quick snippets.  Yes most printed tutorials are boring but they're printed material regarding a technical topic.  Kinda hard not to be dull.  I have made a lot of progress with the Dash thankfully.  It's a lot for one person to manage though.  I appreciate that aspect at times, but still forget stupid things like setting the props from CLB to CRZ.  My landings are a thing of beauty though.  I posted one on this forum too.  I'm thankful for that since it's the challenging part people report.

I've learned a thing or two by accident.  I flew to KSEA again yesterday morning and lo and behold, no ATIS on approach.  I was getting so irritated trying to figure out why the default ATIS wouldn't come alive and give me the active runway.  I guess most people don't use default ATC.  I use it partly (fly VFR and use flight following for comms unless IFR conditions then make do).  Anyways, KSEA ATIS is 118.000.  Well the Q400 uses 118.000 as default.  So it won't receive anything on 118.000 unless you tune a different frequency in and switch them back and forth.  Then 118.00 receives.  Crazy/annoying.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

That's a fair point Chris. Here's the excerpt from the Q400 Cadet Program we made for Mutley's Hangar as we shoot the LOC DME approach to Guernsey. As you can see, it gets pretty busy!