Sign in to follow this  
TheBoom

EZdok

Having some performance issues with 3.2 I completely uninstalled and reinstalled it. 

I then reinstalled all other addons save for those that are external (ezdok,asn etc).

I reran the ezca configurator and added the launch command for ezca in the exe.xml file.

Now everything launches properly except for Ezdok. I initially thought it may be an XML error but I validated it and its fine. Besides all the other addons lauch fine.

I can launch it manually after P3D is started but if I do that only the mouse look works. Everything else fails to work.

Any ideas? Does this have something to do with simconnect?

Now everything launches properly except for Ezdok. I initially thought it may be an XML error but I validated it and its fine.

TheBoom,  Yaaaa great Name  :smile:

I Disabled my EZdok Entry in my exe.xml file by deleting a Tiny bit of tex,  and it done exactly this

I can launch it manually after P3D is started but if I do that only the mouse look works

Can you copy and Paste your exe.xml file,  Gives us a Gander  :smile:

Here is mine,  this is exactly what it should look like with 1 Add On. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
<Disabled>false</Disabled>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Hi, thanks for the assistance.

This is my exe.xml. I was dead sure I checked every single letter but might have missed something. Oh well.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    <Disabled>false</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Regards,
Shanan

Just comparing the 2 of them there,  The Ezdok Entries look the same allright with all the correct spaces and \ and so on.

You said you didn't Uninstall Ezdok,  If you did and Install to a different place this would give the same results? 

The EZca folder looks to be all there?  About 12 files i think?

Did you try and Install the Simconnect in the EZCA folder?

Running Prepar3D and Ezdok and administrator?  

Yes running as admin on both. I'd doubt a reinstall would do anything but I might give it a try later.

The simconnect installer in the EZCA folder acts a little weird. It launches the installer and then nothing happens.

I second Elaine's check for run as administrator. This assumes you run P3D as administrator.

Go to your P3D root folder and go to the redist\Interface folder. Install every version other than the 2 foreign language versions. There is no harm in installing multiple verions. They are installed side by side. One of the versions will work for EZDok. Then try running EZdok automatically and/or manually.

You may also wish to reinstall with antivirus off. Perhaps your install is corrupted.

If that doesn't solve your issue, it will require a better mind than mine. You may want to check out the EZDok forum at: http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezdok-software_forum39.html

Yes running as admin on both. I'd doubt a reinstall would do anything but I might give it a try later.

Yes try Install it again it only takes a couple of Minutes.   First Uninstall through Programs and Features  Then Delete the EZdok Software folder in your C Drive.  Delete the EZCA folder located in C:\Program Files (x86)

If your going to Install the EZCA folder to a different Location, you need to check your exe.xml after the Install has complete as sometimes it will Not update this path to the new Install Location.  

The simconnect installer in the EZCA folder acts a little weird. It launches the installer and then nothing happens.

That's Normal  :smile:

Let Ez install in the folder it suggest from the install program. That solve the same problem for me.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

The installer checks to see if the version already exists. If it does, it aborts the installation. It appears you already have the correct Simconnect version installed. I would still go through the suggestions here, if only to confirm. Then if you go to EZDok forum, you can list all troubleshooting, which would make assistance quicker and easier.

Thank you guys for all the replies. I overlooked P3D running as admin since I did a reinstall. It switched itself off, probably because it was deleted and reinstalled (silly me).

Rechecked the "Run this program as administrator" and now it works.

Seems age is catching up with me  :fool: .

Guest JustanotherPilot

Hi,

I have a problem that is common with Ezdok in that it does not appear in the addons folder of P3D25, indeed shift D doesn't even get the menu to open.I have it installed in the default directory, the exe.xml is identical to to Elaine's. I have admin rights to the ezdoc.exe, and config, it is an exclusion to my antivirus......it refuses to open. I have run then intitial config settings.

I should mention I'm a newb to ezdok,this is my first attempt at using it. I followed Elaine's install tutorial to the letter,deleted the necessary key assignments. The only thing I can think of that may cause my woes is that I'm running Ezdok and P3D in win 10.

Help me please....

Steve,  Do you have Prepar3D2.5 ?  And your using Windows 10 !     I don't have either of them 2 Installed.  I'm using V3 and windows 7

I would presume thought the Setup is pretty much the same

(1) Did you do a fresh Install of Ezdok on Windows 10 and EZdok is Not working ?

(2) Or did you have Ezdok working already AND then update to Windows 10 and now its not working ? 

If its (2) you need to Uninstall EZdok and Install again.

------------------------------------------

I just added a Basic Checklist to the original EZdok Tutorial,  More or less covering the same Items.

Have a peep through it and check out the Simconnect post above it   http://www.avsim.com/topic/484546-how-do-i-install-ezdok-camera-prepar3d-v3/?p=3400495

------------------------------------------

Steve, i understand you said that "You were happy enough with your exe.xml file"   But maybe post it anyway,  You never know,  Fresh pair of eyes and all that  :smile:

Guest JustanotherPilot

Hi Poppet

Thanks for you quick replay.

I have my main game of Prepar3D V32 installed on my Desktop PC running win 7, after I installed EzDok in this version, which appeared okay, It couldn't assign any keys no matter how hard I tried. SO I decided to install  it onto my Laptop which runs Prepar3D 25 on windows 10 , the purpose being to 'experiment' on getting it functioning. This didn't work, hence my post. The exe.xml entry was spot on in P3v32, but I had to add it to P3D25. EzDok showed in the addon in P3D32 but not v25.

I followed your installation  tutorial to the letter, which worked for P3D32 but not v25. I went over to the forums  for EzyDok  and found that the missing addon entry is common (along with many other faults). In honesty Poppet, I've wasted hours trying to get this to work and am wondering if it's really worth the effort.

I have my main game of Prepar3D V3.2 installed on my Desktop PC running win 7, after I installed EzDok in this version, which appeared okay, It couldn't assign any keys no matter how hard I tried. SO I decided to install  it onto my Laptop which runs Prepar3D 25 on windows 10 , the purpose being to 'experiment' on getting it functioning. This didn't work, hence my post. The exe.xml entry was spot on in P3v32, but I had to add it to P3D25. EzDok showed in the addon in P3D32 but not v25.

Hey Steve, What I can gather from your post is that your Main Original Problem is setting up the Key assignments in Prepar3D V3.2 ?   

Is this still still the case ?   

Do you set up the key and it wont save? 

Give me a detailed run through on what exactly is happening 

Guest JustanotherPilot

Hey Steve, What I can gather from your post is that your Main Original Problem is setting up the Key assignments in Prepar3D V3.2 ?   

Is this still still the case ?   

Do you set up the key and it wont save? 

Give me a detailed run through on what exactly is happening 

Hi Elaine,

I sent PM to you in relation to this - thanks for your input.

steve