Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

The Sound of Round.....PMDG DC-6 Beta Video X-plane

I have permisson to post so please enjoy

• Upvote 4

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

And that folks is only half the sound thanks to YouTube... I've added a Klipsch THX-certified system during this beta and those radials can resonate your chest cavity. Lots of fun.

Dan Downs KCRP

And that folks is only half the sound thanks to YouTube... I've added a Klipsch THX-certified system during this beta and those radials can resonate your chest cavity. Lots of fun.

Quite true!! The sound are amazing in person sadly the video misses that part.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Wow!! that's amazing.. Thanks so much for posting that..ok im going to watch it again!

DAN- btw, yes I also have a THX certified system..Really impressive.

Peter Osborn

Love it.

Can't wait for the fsx version I know it will not have all the features.

Can someone on the beta team do a Everts repaint and fly some of their real routes? I'd like to see some videos of these flights if you can. Can't believe it but they still fly the dc-6 today!

Also I think a small cargo airilne based in Florida also flies the DC-6.

-David Lee

This is the model I've been waiting for.   I've owned xPlane 10 but have yet to install it as my FSX runs great.   I've flown the C-118 (DC-6)  IRL and it will be  a great pleasure to fly one again.

Thanks to the O.P. for posting this video, and an even greater thanks to PMDG for taking the time and resources to produce it.

Harold Finch

• Upvote 1

I9 12900K @5.2Ghz  64 GB DDR4, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro, 15 TB on 5 SSD's

I've flown the C-118 (DC-6) IRL and it will be a great pleasure to fly one again.

Harold, please create a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support ( http://support.precisionmanuals.com ) and provide your C-118 experience. You may have to create an account because support accounts are separate from sales accounts.

My uncle was a C-118 prop mechanic in the USAF stationed in FRG after the war, which adds enjoyment to the task at hand. Electric prop controls are a different beast from the hydraulic we're used too.

Dan Downs KCRP

This is the model I've been waiting for. I've owned xPlane 10 but have yet to install it as my FSX runs great. I've flown the C-118 (DC-6) IRL and it will be a great pleasure to fly one again.

Thanks to the O.P. for posting this video, and an even greater thanks to PMDG for taking the time and resources to produce it.

Harold Finch

Got any tips or flying this beast,the closest thing I've flown to the DC-6 is the DC-3

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hi David,

You seem to have a good grip on flying the DC-6 already,   Both the DC-3 and DC-6 are very well behaved aircraft and you should have no trouble in  transitioning your existing skills.  Thanks again for the mouth watering video.

Dan,

I have not even flown a GA craft in xPlane, in fact I've not yet installed it.  If I get it up and running I'll shoot PMDG a message about my experiences flying in the USAF with the C-118 and see if they are interested.   Thanks for the heads up.

Harold Finch

I9 12900K @5.2Ghz  64 GB DDR4, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro, 15 TB on 5 SSD's

I have not even flown a GA craft in xPlane, in fact I've not yet installed it. If I get it up and running I'll shoot PMDG a message about my experiences flying in the USAF with the C-118 and see if they are interested.

Me too, Harold, only reason I installed X-Plane was for beta testing. An objective of this product development is an inquiry into how to implement a quality product in that platform and see if it flies .... uh, literally I guess.

Dan Downs KCRP