Rich Sennett

Rich ,

Are you using Direct4 and Soft Clouds?

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Rich ,

Are you using Direct4 and Soft Clouds?

Yes REX4 + SC

Nice.Gotta love those clouds.What cloud set is that ?

Thanks

High set 4 and low set 14 - was not using soft cloud set - wanted to try something different

Rich Sennett

Some beautiful images you are posting here Rich!  Love the night lighting too!  When do you find time to drive the StingRay? :smile:

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Nice shot.

nebojsa

Some beautiful images you are posting here Rich!  Love the night lighting too!  When do you find time to drive the StingRay? :smile:

Best regards,

Thanks Guys  :wink:

Hi Jim - got 8" of snow today so it sits for a bit longer - wont be to long now Buddy -

Hope your beauty is getting some use -  I usually just use it to go to work - flightsim takes up my weekends but keeps me out of trouble also  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Nice shot! Is that Aerosoft Night Environment? Seems like FTX Vector road lights is mixed up there as well.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hi Jim - got 8" of snow today so it sits for a bit longer - wont be to long now Buddy -
Hope your beauty is getting some use - I usually just use it to go to work - flightsim takes up my weekends but keeps me out of trouble also

8" of snow is not good for driving even in an SUV!  Hope it goes away for you soon.  I use mine to get to/from the golf course every day but today it is in the 30's so it's sitting in the garage. 

You have had some exceptional images lately and causing members to post in the forums about the "blurries", "no night lighting" and "why do I have popcorn clouds" as your photos are nearly perfect.  No blurries, night lighting looks great and beautiful night time clouds.  You're an excellent aircraft painter too so suspect you got a lot of your creativeness with that hobby too.  Keep it up!  AVSIM loves you!

In fact, I would be remiss if I did not mention all of the other members here posting images that are absolutely stunning and keeps this hobby going!

Work hard!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No FTX lights are on - thanks 

Ok thanks. What type of HDR settings do you apply then?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

8" of snow is not good for driving even in an SUV!  Hope it goes away for you soon.  I use mine to get to/from the golf course every day but today it is in the 30's so it's sitting in the garage. 

Speechless Jim huge thanks for your kind words

30 yikes going to be in 40's later today - they are awesome cars for the money cant go wrong

As for quality I can only think a Titan X is a great card as I dont really have to much blurries only when I push the clouds and I turn stuff off to help no shadows other than VC - no ai unless I am taking off or landing at an airport things like that help a lot

Not as serious a painter as I once was just not enough time anymore and enjoy posting at AVSIM to much  :wink: thank you - have another CJ2 in the works totally different than any stock video - not fun but luv this bird

I need to donate to site I will send you a pm on that as I dont want to loose my posting stars I like them  :Tounge:

Yes some great shots by others for sure and helps spread the word with all the new stuff out there

Ok thanks. What type of HDR settings do you apply then?

HDR settings are on the high side at night and on the lower side during day which I usually dont fly - not my thing 

Also I crank up the saturation not full but close this is important for decent screenshots - sometimes I reduce the saturation in photoshop and add a bit of sharpening not much as P3D AA has gotten better and I dont really need to do that anymore

Rich Sennett

Once our website is upgraded, we plan to post some of the best images on the front page and in the forums if possible.  Much like some other sites do such as FTX.  We are also thinking of some kind of monthly contest but contests are difficult to manage and you want to be as fair as possible. 

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Once our website is upgraded, we plan to post some of the best images on the front page and in the forums if possible.  Much like some other sites do such as FTX.  We are also thinking of some kind of monthly contest but contests are difficult to manage and you want to be as fair as possible. 

Best regards,

Great news Jim - believe it or not contests are neat but it also leads to feelings being hurt sometimes just a thought - I like the front page idea a lot - whatever you decide will be great

Rich Sennett

A full 8" over there? I'm relatively local to you Rich (KPVD), and I gassed up the snowblower for what was being sold as the spring storm of the century, and here I sit looking out on an entirely melted and dry parking lot... like * the * snow * had * never * happened*. On the positive side, my ride to work was absolutely stellar because the roads were 100% clear and so many schools had preemptively cancelled last night that nobody was out.

Alas - great shots. I'm debating the night environment package for this region, but I'm not super-keen on the state-by-state treatment it gets across most of the country.

Enjoy!

-Greg