Sign in to follow this  
Rare

FSX SE?!? Or Simconnect or something else?

Hello,

I recently reinstalled my FSX:SE and installed my PMDG 744 and 748. I selected the PMDG 744 and the screen hangs. I am extremely raged about this issue. The only way I can close FSX is to end the process via task manager.

I saw the same topic in one of the forum, but I din't want to take such a massive decision like reinstalling windows..

I tried rebuilding my Fsx.cfg but that did not help me in any way. I also tried to use compatibility mode, tried running as admin. None of the methods helped.

Anyways I configured 747-400. 

I installed FSX from steam. This is obviously a fresh install. So I installed the PMDG 747 first and tested it. I read the message that PMDG 747 does not work with FSX but I am wondering how it worked before.. It was perfectly fine. The 777 and the 737 was also working perfectly.

Then I took a break from games and when I am back, I made some changes to my FSX. Which are, I downloaded NVidia inspector and modified some the antialiasing, FPS limiter and some more things done in this video

. I have followed each and every step exactly as done in this video.

I set my frame limiter to 30 FPS in FSX itself. After a few days, I went ahead and started PMDG 747. FSX froze on selecting. The same thing was happening for the 777 and the 737 NGX... so I contacted the PMDG support and a technician came up saying that 747-400 won't work with fsx se. I was completely mindblown. So as he said I reinstalled FSX and made a fresh re install. I then freshly installed PMDG 747 first and tried. This time the plane loaded with no issues and I went ingame. What I saw in the VC made me like "What the ****?!?". I just saw all the gauges black but the fact is that the wheels were showing. I was not able to move any control to startup and I was pretty sure that this was not the cold and dark(the screenshots are attached).

I checked on the simconnect.

As I open up the simconnect.msi, it partially loads. When it is partially loading it says that "SImconnect is preparing the necessary files for your installation....." and it quits. I see that it is not installed at all. Could that be the issue? well then how can I see the wheels ._. .

As with the 777, as I select it, FSX freezes(same as before). I have the installer compatible with FSX SE.

-Yajvan Mcdonald

As PMDG support has stated, the 744 and 748 Version 1 is not officially supported on FSXSE The upcoming 744 Version 2 will be. The only other aircraft PMDG supports on FSXSE is th NGX and T7. One thing you could check is that the 3 dll entries in the dll.xml file are setup. (PMDGOptions.dll, PMDGEvents.dll, and PMDGSounds.dll).

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I recently reinstalled my FSX:SE and installed my PMDG 744 and 748. I selected the PMDG 744 and the screen hangs. I am extremely raged about this issue. The only way I can close FSX is to end the process via task manager.

I saw the same topic in one of the forum, but I din't want to take such a massive decision like reinstalling windows..

Hi, Yajvan,

You can probably get the 747 to work by reading through these two threads.  Don't try to reinstall Windows!  At the worst you might have to uninstall and reinstall FSXSteam.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/469270-747-400-and-fsx-steam-edition/?hl=%2Bsteam

http://www.avsim.com/topic/477478-747-400-retail-disk-install-on-steam/?hl=%2Bsteam

However you are trying too many things at once.  NVidia Inspector, rebuilding FSX.cfg and  DX10 tweaking have nothing to do with getting the 747 to work.  You need to focus on getting the 747 to work.    

Regarding the 747, it sounds like you may have a registry issue -- there is something left over in the registry from FSX Box.  Just a guess.   This is discussed in  the above threads.

The 777 and NGX work in Steam because their installers are designed for it.  The 747 installer is very old and is not designed for Steam.  But in  the above threads many people have gotten it to work.  It needs some tweaking though.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Ok, but the thing is I went to my appdata to check the dll.xml file. The folder is "FSX" and not "FSX SE". 

Here is my dll.xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
		<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
		<Disabled>True</Disabled>
		<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
		<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
		<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
		<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
		<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
		<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
		<Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
		<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
		<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
		<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
	</Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
		<Name>PMDG Interface</Name>
		<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
		<Name>RAASPRO</Name>
		<Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
		<Name>PMDG Options</Name>
		<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
		<Name>PMDG Events</Name>
		<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
		<Name>PMDG Sounds</Name>
		<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
		<Name>Flight Recorder</Name>
		<Path>Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>VistaMare Core</Name>
    <Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
        <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Is this a clean install of FSX-SE?  If you have or ever had FSX box installed, even if it is now uninstalled, FSX-SE will use a side by side install, in which it will set up a separate appdata folder for it's config files. (FSX-SE). If you have both a FSX and a FSX-SE folder in appdata\roaming\microsoft you need to copy those dll entries from the dll.xml in the FSX folder to the dll.xml file in the FSX-SE folder. The PMDG installer will only add them to the dll.xml file in the FSX folder, because it knows nothing about FSX Steam

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

I cannot comprehend what do you mean by a "clean install". Is it without any addons? or is it something else?. Yes, I did have FSX box installed but I threw that away as I found SE to be more better. With boxed or SE, I just see the folder in the appdata as FSX. I din't know that before. So should i make a new folder as "FSX SE"? or it is completely different from FSX?

And where do i configure that?

Yajvan 

I cannot comprehend what do you mean by a "clean install". Is it without any addons? or is it something else?. Yes, I did have FSX box installed but I threw that away as I found SE to be more better. With boxed or SE, I just see the folder in the appdata as FSX. I din't know that before. So should i make a new folder as "FSX SE"? or it is completely different from FSX?

And where do i configure that?

Yajvan 

DTG knew that it was possible for a user of FSXSE to also have the original FSX box version installed, They created 2 separate ways of installing FSXSE. It did this automatically by checking data in the registry. So for the first example, A new system which FSXSE is installed (ie: clean install), the installer will install it as if it was a normal FSX installation. Putting it's config files in appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX. This is the simplest method for 3rd party developers to support. The second method is if you have or ever had the original FSX Box installed, it will do what's been called a "side by side" installation. This is when it will creates the FSX-SE folder to store it's config files (It also creates it's own FSX file folder in your document folder for it's flightplans etc...). This is what complicates matters for 3rd party developers, as they also now have to check if you have both versions installed, to install properly. This means older addons not upgraded for FSXSE will install as if it is a normal original FSX installation adding it's dll entries (if it has any like the 744 does) to the dll.xml in the appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX folder. If the user wants to use the addon in FSXSE, he/she will need to manually add those entries into the appropriate config file(s) (in this case dll.xml) in the appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX-SE folder, assuming the addon is compatible with FSX-SE at all. If an addon directly accesses FSX memory addresses instead of going through FSUIPC or Simconnect, it probably will need updating before it will work. FSRecorder is an example, it is not compatible with FSX-SE (although some say they got an older version to work (V1.331) I haven't.)

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!