Sign in to follow this  
Maestaru

Message on Annunciator

What does the message ATTEN UNLOCK mean on the annunciator screen, and what do I need to click/do to remove it.

Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The white box message is just "information, not a caution or warning". ATTEN refers to the Thrust Attenuators. These are the Paddles that deflect the engine thrust to kill forward progress when on the ground. The TA are very active and close against the engine when the throttle is at idle. When in the air, they are hydraulically stored fully open and the white light will go out.

The TA switch has STOW and AUTO positions. AUTO is the normal position. Throttle movement when in the air will sometime cause the ATTEN message to come on, that would be the only time to use the STOW position.

Otherwise, it is just a PITA.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks, Ray.  I am new to the forum -- and flight sims -- and am getting used to where everything is.

My AU light never goes out, be it idle or low throttle position (which those two make sense, based on your reply).  The strange one is the light remains on even during take-off or cruise.  (In chase view the TA's are stowed.)

Can you point me to the area in the cockpit where the STOW button is located. 

When I understand the "Normal Procedures Manual" correctly then this white info message should also extinguish when moving the throttle forward. But this does not happen.

Same "issue" here, no matter what power setting or TA switch position, They stay ON throughout the flight.

Maestaru - The switch is behind the thrust levers, just above the FMC.  There are two switches there.  On the left is the spoilers switch, middle is the TA switch, and on the right, is the engine sync knob.  The TA switch has three positions; up is stow, mid is auto, and down is test. 

Bruce R

Regards,

Ray

Same here that light will not go out as it should after throttle up - must a be a bug   :wink:

Same here that light will not go out as it should after throttle up - must a be a bug   :wink:

I'm surprised that someone has not chased down the xml string and deleted that annunciator light. I think my light goes out when flying at certain throttle settings. I can't remember for sure though.

Regards,

Ray

I'm surprised that someone has not chased down the xml string and deleted that annunciator light. I think my light goes out when flying at certain throttle settings. I can't remember for sure though.

Regards,

Ray

If we do that we wont have it at all ?

I'm surprised that someone has not chased down the xml string and deleted that annunciator light.

If we do that we wont have it at all ?

Instead of removing it, we can probably tweak it!

I will take a shot at it, plus some other buttons but Not until Thursday!

If someone knows how the RW annunciator works, (If and when it goes off), please post it here.

EDIT: The web is fantastic: I think I have enough material now!.

Instead of removing it, we can probably tweak it!

I will take a shot at it, plus some other buttons but Not until Thursday!

If someone knows how the RW annunciator works, (If and when it goes off), please post it here.

Great news - thanks  :smile:

Try this: When ready for takeoff, place the TA switch in the Stow position. You may get a Caution light, just click on it. When you make your first power reduction on climbout, the white attenuator light should go out and stay out. You will then have a full black annunciator panel.

You need to return the TA switch to Auto as part of the Before Landing checklist to avoid errors. TA is part of the short landing feature.

Regards,

Ray

Try this: When ready for takeoff, place the TA switch in the Stow position. You may get a Caution light, just click on it. When you make your first power reduction on climbout, the white attenuator light should go out and stay out. You will then have a full black annunciator panel.

You need to return the TA switch to Auto as part of the Before Landing checklist to avoid errors. TA is part of the short landing feature.

Regards,

Ray

"When you make your first power reduction on climbout"

Not sure about this I have reduced throttles plenty of times that light never goes out - hmm - have to keep exploring - I dont mind but would like to know if its a bug or on my end of things

Thanks Ray