Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Asking for a comparison screenshot

Good morning everybody,

I'm not sure if I'm going crazy or not, but I'm not sure any more if these ORBX FTX Global textures have been always that unsharp.

So I ask some of you to please provide a similar screenshot for me so that I could compare.

FTX Global

Prepar3.2

(FTX Vector, HD Trees etc. but shouldn't matter)

The following screen is taken at above 300 ft above ground

Jp2fFiZ.jpg

Maybe you find a kind of similar piece of field.

(This image was taken near LOWL, but shouldn't also matter)

This shot was taken with 7cm texture resolution, 2048x2048 and I have been waiting several minutes to be sure to have all textures loaded.

Many thanks

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning everybody,

I'm not sure if I'm going crazy or not, but I'm not sure any more if these ORBX FTX Global textures have been always that unsharp.

So I ask some of you to please provide a similar screenshot for me so that I could compare.

FTX Global

Prepar3.2

(FTX Vector, HD Trees etc. but shouldn't matter)

The following screen is taken at above 300 ft above ground

Maybe you find a kind of similar piece of field.

(This image was taken near LOWL, but shouldn't also matter)

This shot was taken with 7cm texture resolution, 2048x2048 and I have been waiting several minutes to be sure to have all textures loaded.

Many thanks

Yes I was also having this issue and I thought they were blurries. I also had scenery popping in.

After a complete reinstall I still see the same thing, even at 1cm mesh and all others maxed out.

I did testing at both KSEA and LOWW with the same results.

Edit : All these seemed to happen only after upgrading to 3.2

Hi

LOWL (FTX Global, Vector and JustSim)

LOWL.jpg

CYVR (FTX Global, Vector and NA Canada & Alaska LC)

CYVR.jpg

Similar settings on P3D, AM 116 and only other addon is EZDOK running. ASN not loaded for the snips.

What drivers are you running for your card? I'm on 364.51 and thinking about reverting to one of the earlier ones

Hope this helps and regards

I wonder why this has moved to the ORBX forum?  :mad:

I use ORBX textures, but this hasn't sth. to do with FTX Global!!!!

Please move it back to the P3D forum as it could be that it is an issue with 3.2

Many thanks for your answers!

Do you think this is not normal?

Probably a 3.2 issue?

Guenter Steiner

Just as a follow up: I solved it by a complete reinstall of P3D

I wonder, because I have reinstalled just 4 days before ... but ok.

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner

Just as a follow up: I solved it by a complete reinstall of P3D

I wonder, because I have reinstalled just 4 days before ... but ok.

Hi Guenter

Thanks for letting us know,

P3D v3.2 on stock or with ORBX addons?

Have already done about 4 full reinstalls since v3.2. came out so I'm just gonna lower my settings. Seems to work better with mid-settings :-)

Here's a snip near LOWL with settings adjusted, mostly medium, DSR at 3x and typical NCP Tweaks plus rolling driver version back to 361.54

LOWL_361.54.jpg

I can live with that - enjoying the smoothness and fluidity of the Sim at the moment.

Keep well and regards

Hi Günter,

Did a quick flight to check the LOWL area and the textures looked sharp.  Some of the rivers have no texture and are completely black in some places but I saw that before in FSX.  I updated Client, Content, Scenery.  Did you re-install the FTX Global?  Those textures are overwritten when you update the client.

I am not liking the LOD radius where there is a definite boundary between crisp textures and autogen in the immediate area and outside of that is blurry.  I'm sure that it is being looked at.

Robert 

\Robert Hamlich/