Sign in to follow this  
radial360

DSR P3Dv3.2

Good Morning all!

I currently have a 6700k OCd at 4.9 and a 980ti running on a 27" GSync Monitor.

Performance has been really good, and so far, no real complaints. I still hear people talking about the DSR and how well it performs on P3D, and I was wondering if someone could recommend me any settings to try it out?

I assume that once the resolution is set to 4k, you don't run any AA anymore?

I would appreciate some tips on how to set up NVI and P3D for it!

Thanks a lot!

Gio

Giorgio La Pira

You can set Dynamic Super Resolution in the ordinary Nvidia control panel and provided you make no other tweaks it won't affect your Nvidia Inspector settings. If you click on the DSR tab several boxes open where you can choose a range of up-sampled resolutions. You can tick any or all of the boxes and the resolutions will only be applied if you go to pseudo-full screen mode in P3d, where you can choose the resolution in the settings/display menu. The resolution won't kick in until you go to full screen mode. It's best to start with 1.5x or 2x normal resolution at first then see what the effect is. Even on your system going much above this will weigh down your graphics as much as setting high MSAA and SGAA. 

Some aircraft with small lettering or portions of panels still might need some SGAA to get rid of shimmering. DSR can help in being able to reduce shimmering without too much MSAA or SGAA but it's swings and roundabouts. Personally I have never found DSR to be particularly better than native resolution with MSAA and SGAA, but you might find overall that it gives a better image. You can mix and match the DSR resolution with AA settings to arrive at an acceptable image while not stressing the system too much.

The disadvantage of DSR is that the red text for frame rates and altitude/speed etc will go very small, but you can alleviate this by going to your desktop/personalise and increasing the text size.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

27" GSync Monitor

Hello Gio, you can not run G-sync 27in in 4K resolutions with DSR, its a slide show, i have tried to run 1.5x all the way up to 3x DSR and it will not run smooth, I`m assuming you have an Asus PG278Q like me, also i have a 980Ti so its not my card. You can try setting your monitor to no G-sync and running DSR but you will get tearing at 60hz. you can not lower the refresh rate either, its the pay off for buying the 27in, apparently the newer 30 inch+ G-sync are fine with DSR.

tpewpb-6.png

You can set Dynamic Super Resolution in the ordinary Nvidia control panel and provided you make no other tweaks it won't affect your Nvidia Inspector settings. If you click on the DSR tab several boxes open where you can choose a range of up-sampled resolutions. You can tick any or all of the boxes and the resolutions will only be applied if you go to pseudo-full screen mode in P3d, where you can choose the resolution in the settings/display menu. The resolution won't kick in until you go to full screen mode. It's best to start with 1.5x or 2x normal resolution at first then see what the effect is. Even on your system going much above this will weigh down your graphics as much as setting high MSAA and SGAA. 

Some aircraft with small lettering or portions of panels still might need some SGAA to get rid of shimmering. DSR can help in being able to reduce shimmering without too much MSAA or SGAA but it's swings and roundabouts. Personally I have never found DSR to be particularly better than native resolution with MSAA and SGAA, but you might find overall that it gives a better image. You can mix and match the DSR resolution with AA settings to arrive at an acceptable image while not stressing the system too much.

The disadvantage of DSR is that the red text for frame rates and altitude/speed etc will go very small, but you can alleviate this by going to your desktop/personalise and increasing the text size.

Thanks Robert! Really appreciate your feedback!

Hello Gio, you can not run G-sync 27in in 4K resolutions with DSR, its a slide show, i have tried to run 1.5x all the way up to 3x DSR and it will not run smooth, I`m assuming you have an Asus PG278Q like me, also i have a 980Ti so its not my card. You can try setting your monitor to no G-sync and running DSR but you will get tearing at 60hz. you can not lower the refresh rate either, its the pay off for buying the 27in, apparently the newer 30 inch+ G-sync are fine with DSR.

Hi Rick,

well looks like we have the same setup then :) Just for info, what are your settings for P3D, the monitor and NVI? I would appreciate if we could compare them?

Thanks for your time guys!

Giorgio La Pira

what are your settings for P3D, the monitor and NVI? I would appreciate if we could compare them?

PM sent Gio.... :smile:

tpewpb-6.png