Sign in to follow this  
swiesma

"Application Hang" with v3.2

Hi guys,

after upgrading to 3.2 I experienced "Application hangs" (that's how it is called in Eventviewer).

I have no idea where they come from as the error message does not state any more. No dll or whatever. P3D simply stops working after about 10 to 30 minutes into the flight.

I even reinstalled Windows and P3D 3.2 to have a clean install - same issues!

Then I uninstalled 3.2 and went back to 3.1 - and it works without any problems.

Does anyone else have this problem? :-(

Best regards,

Stefan

The AVSIM CTD Guide has guidance for using the AppCrashView program and how to use the Event Viewer to diagnose your problem.  An AppHang normally will not show any faulting module so you have to investigate the scene of the crime yourself.  There is no known 'one' solution for AppHang's. 

It all depends on where the apphang hung.  You say after 10 to 30 minutes into a flight it freezes.  The AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature) has guidance for freezes:

Freezes During Flight – Freezes are most commonly caused by –

• High application/display driver settings.  Check.
  • High settings within commercial weather programs like REX, ASN, and OPUS.  Check. Some raise settings to the highest texture settings (4096 HD) within weather programs and/or texture programs like REX. This coupled with high applications LOD_Radius and Texture_Max_Load settings may take up too many resources and application will freeze.
  • Complications with weather server updates.  Application may try to update the weather and the weather server is down or cannot comply with a request.
  • Running out of Virtual Address Space (VAS) especially on one hour or longer flights (see VAS/OOM discussions).
  • Bad tweaks.  BufferPools and or Affinity Mask are most often attributed to freezes. Rebuild the application configuration to see if this fixes the problem or disable the tweaks.
  • ENBSeries Module – DirectX hack for better visuals.
  • SweetFX Module – DirectX hack for better visuals.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The AVSIM CTD Guide has guidance for using the AppCrashView program and how to use the Event Viewer to diagnose your problem.  An AppHang normally will not show any faulting module so you have to investigate the scene of the crime yourself.  There is no known 'one' solution for AppHang's. 

It all depends on where the apphang hung.  You say after 10 to 30 minutes into a flight it freezes.  The AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature) has guidance for freezes:

Freezes During Flight – Freezes are most commonly caused by –

• High application/display driver settings.  Check.
  • High settings within commercial weather programs like REX, ASN, and OPUS.  Check. Some raise settings to the highest texture settings (4096 HD) within weather programs and/or texture programs like REX. This coupled with high applications LOD_Radius and Texture_Max_Load settings may take up too many resources and application will freeze.
  • Complications with weather server updates.  Application may try to update the weather and the weather server is down or cannot comply with a request.
  • Running out of Virtual Address Space (VAS) especially on one hour or longer flights (see VAS/OOM discussions).
  • Bad tweaks.  BufferPools and or Affinity Mask are most often attributed to freezes. Rebuild the application configuration to see if this fixes the problem or disable the tweaks.
  • ENBSeries Module – DirectX hack for better visuals.
  • SweetFX Module – DirectX hack for better visuals.

Best regards,

Thanks Jim.

I can rule some stuff out from the start like bad tweaks (I only use AM, nothing else). Also VAS is not a problem, FSUIPC gives me no warning.

And I use 3.1 with exactly the same settings and do not get the hangs. I also do not use ENB or SweetFX. So this narrows the field of potential errors.

But I am too lazy to switch to 3.2 from 3.1 as it is now running again.

But if I do so I will use AppCrashView as suggested.

Thanks again!