Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Anyone running this on 4k tv or monitor?

Looking at going 4k (Samsung 65 curved) and want to know if anyone here has tried a 4k tv or monitor with P3D. I know I cannot get DSR to work with P3D so cannot test 4k rez. I expect it to take a big hit but not sure how big a hit.

FSXSE did fairly well at 60fps with DSR topped out.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

PC specs? I'm running 40' Samsung 4k TV at 30Hz, with vsync and TB on. If you can maintain 30 fps all the time it's great.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

So your getting at least 30 fps with a 4k?

I run three 980 cards so maybe that would cover it.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Well. Most of time. (Heathrow at bad weather is different story  :smile: ).  I have 980Ti. You shouldn't have problem.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

So your getting at least 30 fps with a 4k?

I run three 980 cards so maybe that would cover it.

I am crying right now...

I run 4K with a single 970 and it runs pretty smooth with high settings and PMDG / ASN / MT6 and so on.

If 3 980s are not suffienct for 4K... then what should be?  :smile:

Bit the bullet, bought a Samsung 4k curved 65". P3d runs fair to good at 4k with the Airbus getting 35 to 40 fps in vc at Pago Pago. Yes I did have to turn down some settings and turn any AA off.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hi,

I'm running three 75" 4K UHDTVs at a resolution of 11520x2160. My setup is as follows: 4790K @ 4GHz (NOT OVERCLOCKED), 3 - Factory Super clocked EVGA Titan X's, 2 - SSDs (one for windows 7 pro / one for P3D3.2) and 16 gig - Vengeance RAM from Corsair 2400MHz. P3D3.2 runs beautifully. Keep in mind I do not use a VC and/or 2D panel.

If you have three 980's and ONE UHDTV, you should be blowing the doors off of P3D3.2!!!

Some of my videos, looks smooth to me and I can assure you, I am pushing my system just as hard as I can: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqTiCN9u_pvyU9NTqhtgJ9w

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Well not really blowing any doors off but not as bad as I was thinking it would be.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

28" Samsung 4k monitor here. 30 fps locked easy except around the bigger cities, can dip as low as 20. Worth it tho, 4790k, 980ti, 16gb 2400.

Yeah I resisted the 4k for a long time thinking graphic cards were not ready yet but now I am playing GTA5 in 4k at 120 fps. Flightsims take a lot more horsepower though and I cannot get X-Plane to work with 4k yet. P3D and FSXSE run fine but not as fast as before and I do have to lower some settings but it sure is worth it.

The Samsung is something else and looks much better than my larger older Sharp. Downsized so I have to sit closer now :)

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hi,

You're telling me you cannot maintain 30FPS with your monitor locked at 30MHZ, with three 980's?. If you can it should be as smooth as glass with the occasional hiccup every now and then. Granted my Titan X's are better than the 980s, but I'm running three monitors at a much higher res than you are. You should have great performance and quality graphics with one monitor.

Well not really blowing any doors off but not as bad as I was thinking it would be.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Monitor set at 60hz, 3840x2160 rez, ycbcr444 color.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Keep in mind I do not use a VC and/or 2D panel.

Huh...? No VC or Panels? What do you fly with then?

Hi Carlos,

A full flight deck. Here are my videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqTiCN9u_pvyU9NTqhtgJ9w

Paul,

Is there a reason you're at 60Hz and not 30Hz?. thirty and thirty on my 4K looks smooth and as long as the setup maintains 30fps you should be fine.

I am at 60 because I also play games. GTA5 runs between 70 and 140 fps in 4k at 60hz. I might try 30 for flight sims but 30 hz in GTA5 is a bit jerky.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png