Sign in to follow this  
art5869

Strange issue FMC 737 NGX with airac 1602

Hi! I wonder if anyone has the same issue: I made the update of airac cycle to 1602, and all of the sudden the FMC start to read the oposite frequency and course of all runaways at all airports in FSX. For ex: at EDDM want to Land at 26L and in FMC under ILS 26Lwas the freq. And course of 08R!!! So i look in airports.txt in navdata folder and notice that all runaways of all airports was duplicate entries even with correct frequency just of One of the entries. At EDDM for ex. I had 8 entrie with 4 rwy 2 for each One! I return to an old airac cycle like 1502 and all turn to normal with 4 entries for eddm and FMC return to read correct. I am doing something wrong with installation of navdata for PMDG or what?

I use FSX and made the same cycle update for Airbus 318/319 from aerosoft and has no problem, only with pmdg update.

Hi! I wonder if anyone has the same issue: I made the update of airac cycle to 1602, and all of the sudden the FMC start to read the oposite frequency and course of all runaways at all airports in FSX. For ex: at EDDM want to Land at 26L and in FMC under ILS 26Lwas the freq. And course of 08R!!! So i look in airports.txt in navdata folder and notice that all runaways of all airports was duplicate entries even with correct frequency just of One of the entries. At EDDM for ex. I had 8 entrie with 4 rwy 2 for each One! I return to an old airac cycle like 1502 and all turn to normal with 4 entries for eddm and FMC return to read correct. I am doing something wrong with installation of navdata for PMDG or what?

Don't go modifying those files unless you know what you're doing. If you notice an error or oddity, make sure to mention it to Navigraph.

Sounds a lot like you're approaching the runway from the opposite side with the "force CRS to FSX CRS" option enabled, and just as a matter of coincidence, seeing it just now. Basically, in the real world, airports will often have paired LOC arrays. The one side's freq will be the exact same as the other side. The difference is that, in the real world, they only power one side at a time, depending on which array is in use. In FSX/FSX:SE/P3D this isn't the case because they don't know which runway you'll be using, so the shared frequencies are active at all times. The code sees the active frequency of the one side first and sets that CRS in the CRS window, even though you're going to be landing on the other side.

Kyle Rodgers

I didn't modify any file, i was only look inside airports.txt and notice the problem. I repeat with airac 1502 all works well, only with the update to 1602 cycle has this duplicare entries and FMC mess up. The question was if I do something wrong with the installer of airac for pmdg? Yes i have the option enable to Force CRS to fsx crs but this option doesn't give me any problem with older airac cycle. And again: why in cycle 1602 I have 2 entries for any rwy at any airports and in 1502 the airports.txt contain only 1 entries for each rwy?

And again: why in cycle 1602 I have 2 entries for any rwy at any airports and in 1502 the airports.txt contain only 1 entries for each rwy?

Navigraph manages that data. You will need to address all of this with them.

Kyle Rodgers

Navigraph manages that data. You will need to address all of this with them.

Yeah I know this,but wanted to know if someone else has this issue or is only me. Tnx.

I made the update of airac cycle to 1602
AIRAC 1602 is out of date plus I believe the initial release was messed up. Download and install 1603 and see what happens.
  • Upvote 1

AIRAC 1602 is out of date plus I believe the initial release was messed up. Download and install 1603 and see what happens.

I download and install 1603 and the problem dissapeared,but unfortunally I notice another issue: as I almost fly in Europe, making a short fly from EDDM to LROP, trying to Land at 08L at LROP, the lenght of the rwy 08L-24R in FMC was 7883 ft and not 11483 ft like in reality or other airac cycle!!! It's absurd how lately the airac cycle are full of errors! They get even payed for this...

Correction: rwy 08L-26R at LROP.

They get even payed for this...

Compare the...what...$13/year you're paying to the cost of real world nav data that the airlines pay for. I get that it's frustrating, but let's be realistic here. Mistakes will happen. Submit a ticket to them letting them know and they'll update it.

Kyle Rodgers

I download and install 1603 and the problem dissapeared,but unfortunally I notice another issue: as I almost fly in Europe, making a short fly from EDDM to LROP, trying to Land at 08L at LROP, the lenght of the rwy 08L-24R in FMC was 7883 ft and not 11483 ft like in reality or other airac cycle!!! It's absurd how lately the airac cycle are full of errors! They get even payed for this...

Correction: rwy 08L-26R at LROP.

The 1603 AIRAC reflects the published reduced length of 08L " AIRAC AIP SUPPLEMENT 02/15 " so appears to be correct.

Sorry but what does this has to do with??? We talk about airac 1603 (march 2016) not may 2015!!! They finished that works after three weeks!!! I live right near airport, so I should know something... And the cycle 1603 has nothing to do with it, because the 1602 from feb. 2016 report the correct lenght wich is 11.484 ft (just look in airport.txt and see), so what you are trying to say doesn' t have much sense. The airac cycle 1603 v2 has a mistake.

Navigraph PMDG 1602 & 1603 contain the same data here as provided by Jeppesen.

I suggest you take it up with Navigraph or even Jeppesen.

The airac cycle 1603 v2 has a mistake.

Then let them know, please.

Kyle Rodgers

the lenght of the rwy 08L-24R in FMC was 7883 ft and not 11483 ft like in reality or other airac cycle!!!

I believe you have confused the runways. Both LIDO Charts and Navigraph ARPT RWY.dat show 08L-28R as you say in your post. 08R and 26L is the long runway. FSX shows both runways as long but that is incorrect. See if you can get a payware airport. Maybe it will have the correct runway lengths for the airport.