Sign in to follow this  
art5869

Strange issue FMC 737 NGX with airac 1602

I believe you have confused the runways. Both LIDO Charts

The op was referring  to LROP   and  not LIDO

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The op was referring  to LROP   and  not LIDO

LIDO is the company that produces the charts that Navigraph uses. I know LROP is an airport at Bucharest.

I believe you have confused the runways. Both LIDO Charts and Navigraph ARPT RWY.dat show 08L-28R as you say in your post. 08R and 26L is the long runway. FSX shows both runways as long but that is incorrect. See if you can get a payware airport. Maybe it will have the correct runway lengths for the airport.

Sorry to disagree with you,but the lenght of both rwy at LROP 08L-26R and 08R-26L are the same: 11.484 ft. Take a look here:

http://www.bucharestairports.ro/en/about/technical-information

And this is not wiki

Then let them know, please.

Nevermind Kyle, I installed again the good old 1502 cycle wich is perfect for me and wait for 1604 to see. You are right, it's frustrating, it's not for 13 euro, but if you download something wich you pay, and specially it's not a new product, you expect to work. Honestly I prefer to pay 13 euro and have the download just with 4 cycle at year, specially for a flightsim, wich is not so important. Because let's say that an airport close One rwy for 30 days to repair it like it was at Dubai OMDB and that airac cycle report rwy closed, but in our sim the airport has still open that rwy, so wat's the point to change this while the add-on in sim didn't change? Because it's impossibil, I know. I understand to add new sid/star procedure, new freq. When they change, but not every month... IMO is a waiste of time every month and think if they even have much time to pay attention to every thing (that's why mistake happend).

Nevermind Kyle, I installed again the good old 1502 cycle wich is perfect for me and wait for 1604 to see. You are right, it's frustrating, it's not for 13 euro, but if you download something wich you pay, and specially it's not a new product, you expect to work. Honestly I prefer to pay 13 euro and have the download just with 4 cycle at year, specially for a flightsim, wich is not so important. Because let's say that an airport close One rwy for 30 days to repair it like it was at Dubai OMDB and that airac cycle report rwy closed, but in our sim the airport has still open that rwy, so wat's the point to change this while the add-on in sim didn't change? Because it's impossibil, I know. I understand to add new sid/star procedure, new freq. When they change, but not every month... IMO is a waiste of time every month and think if they even have much time to pay attention to every thing (that's why mistake happend).

Report it to Navigraph and it will be checked, I suspect as the AIP supplement is still active the shortening is been applied. Look forward to seeing your post there.

The Navigraph navdata will reflect AIP supplements and/or construction NOTAMs in most cases.  They've been working on my local KCRP rnw 13/31 for a year and now 3 months late (the construction company makes lots of money on change orders).  This is reflected in the navdata.

Dan Downs KCRP

Nevermind Kyle, I installed again the good old 1502 cycle wich is perfect for me and wait for 1604 to see.

Art, to be blunt, you're not being fair...

It's all your choice, and there are no true issues with it if that's what you prefer, but it seems like a lot is being made of very simple issues. On top of it, instead of reporting an issue they likely can't see because they haven't been made aware of it, you're here spending a lot more effort venting about the issue than you would've if you dropped them a line with "hey, my local airport got messed up - please have a look."

You are right, it's frustrating, it's not for 13 euro, but if you download something wich you pay, and specially it's not a new product, you expect to work. Honestly I prefer to pay 13 euro and have the download just with 4 cycle at year, specially for a flightsim, wich is not so important. Because let's say that an airport close One rwy for 30 days to repair it like it was at Dubai OMDB and that airac cycle report rwy closed, but in our sim the airport has still open that rwy, so wat's the point to change this while the add-on in sim didn't change? Because it's impossibil, I know. I understand to add new sid/star procedure, new freq. When they change, but not every month... IMO is a waiste of time every month and think if they even have much time to pay attention to every thing (that's why mistake happend).

It's not a new product, but that isn't the issue. When it comes to creating things, it's easiest to create it from the bottom up. Burn it down and start new. For programs, this is especially the case, but this is also the case even with small things like Excel files. It's a lot harder to go in and find everything that has changed, update only the changes, and then put out the new product.

Additionally, it's not exactly reasonable to hold this idea of having updated/realistic nav data that selectively ignores the real world condition (temporarily shortened runway distances and so on). Even if an approach drops out of the AIRAC (which, I don't think they actually do - the facility usually just NOTAMs them out), you could still fly it in Flight Sim with no real issue, because as you mentioned, it's still the same.

To be honest, you're getting a BARGAIN at $15 (Euro...whatever it is...the $ and Euro are pretty similar right now anyway). I can go download charts off of the FAA website and print them for free (effectively), but I pay for a service that grabs the new charts whenever there is an update available, and stores them on my iPad. That's $75ish/year for US coverage only, and it's all stuff I can easily obtain online. The AIRAC is not free (which is why Navigraph started charging in the first place - prior to that, they used the US MIL DAFIF, which had worldwide coverage), and in most real world aviation applications, data like that (worldwide) costs at the very least $900 for the year for nav data alone, depending on how you buy it, and what the use is (getting navdata into a 757, for example, comes at a much higher premium). In the case of the $900 figure, too, the update is coming from the manufacturer of the product. In the case of Navigraph, they had to come up with all of the ways to get the data into the various formats required by the various add-ons: ours are txt files, Wilco's is an Access database, and I'm sure there are many others.

You might think that it's a waste of time because you have a very unique view of your sim, but I find it extremely useful. As someone who flies realistic routes pulled from sites like FlightAware (day-of-flight), it's extremely important that I have the same navdata, otherwise I won't be able to do capitalize on that dispatcher's guidance effectively. Additionally, as someone who flies outside of the sim, I like the ability to fly the approaches in the sim that I fly outside of it. With differences in nav data, things can get confusing, and in extreme cases, negative transfers could occur in my real world flying. That's one of the reasons I can't buy the chart program from them: with fewer updates to their charts than in the real world, I may not be using the current procedure.

So...you have a very simple choice ahead of you:

Continue to vent about it here, and spin out a ton of energy for nothing; or, go over there, report it, and get it fixed.

...though, after reading the NOTAMs on your ANSP's site, I'm not convinced that you're correct here, but I can't be sure, because your ANSP's NOTAM site is very awkward.

Kyle Rodgers

though, after reading the NOTAMs on your ANSP's site, I'm not convinced that you're correct here, but I can't be sure, because your ANSP's NOTAM site is very awkward.

Got the point Kyle. BTW the link is the official site of the LROP airport, may seem awkward, but hey... this is Romania not USA...LOL

Got the point Kyle. BTW the link is the official site of the LROP airport, may seem awkward, but hey... this is Romania not USA...LOL

The official airport page is fine. I was referring to your site for NOTAMs (specifically the last item). The Leesburg Executive Airport site says the runway is 5500' long. It has been for quite some time, but for a while the runway was temporarily only 2750 - the 2750 on the one end at first, and then the 2750 on the other end - during the runway resurfacing. The airport's official website was never updated. The official source is ANSP (in our case the FAA), and along those lines, they published a NOTAM describing the change and that was about it.

Kyle Rodgers

LIDO is the company that produces the charts that Navigraph uses. I know LROP is an airport at Bucharest.

Confusion   solved :smile: learn some  new

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Well, after a quick search on internet, I found a usefull guide on how and what to edit in the .txt file for pmdg navdata. So I install again cycle 1603 v2 and just change the lenght of the rwy in wpNavAPT.txt and voilà! Now I have 11.484ft lenght on 08L- 26R at LROP in FMC!Here is the link for hwo may be intresteed:

http://www.indoflyer.net/Forum/printable.asp?m=351094

Now I have 11.484ft lenght on 08L- 26R at LROP in FMC!

Did you report this to navigraph as well?

Kyle Rodgers

Did you report this to navigraph as well?

No, because I have the doubt that maybe is correct the shorter lenght (7883 ft) after all the answers Here, but I like to have the longer One :)

No, because I have the doubt that maybe is correct the shorter lenght (7883 ft) after all the answers Here, but I like to have the longer One :)

Fair enough. Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers