Sign in to follow this  
callum112233

NGX P3D vs FSX

Hi all, not so long ago I moved over to P3D. I have the NGX for FSX and I want to get the NGX for P3D. I am just wondering if PMDG implemented any extra features for the P3D version?

Thanks all.
Callum Green.

Hi all, not so long ago I moved over to P3D. I have the NGX for FSX and I want to get the NGX for P3D. I am just wondering if PMDG implemented any extra features for the P3D version?

Thanks all.

Callum Green.

Only one I can think of is it runs better in P3D (smoother) - same for T777 - this was the reason I left fsx in T777 its P3D smooth - in fsx got stutters in VC after take off - never had that with any other aircraft

Rich Sennett

Thanks for that. I have both the ngx and 777 for FSX, now its just a matter of buying them again then i suppose  :hi:

Welcome its worth it they run very well in P3D as stated - good luck 

Oh dont forget the immersion packs for them - its awesome

Rich Sennett

Thanks. Well that's the ngx bought. I like the T7 but for some reason, I find the 737 more fun to fly as it's a bit more hands on.

I almost forgot about the immersion pack, I already have it but never used it yet  :fool:

Callum Green.

Thanks. Well that's the ngx bought. I like the T7 but for some reason, I find the 737 more fun to fly as it's a bit more hands on.

I almost forgot about the immersion pack, I already have it but never used it yet  :fool:

Callum Green.

Had a feeling you had it - load that stuff up - lights are amazing 

Rich Sennett

Is it that the effect is neat, or are people assuming this is realistic?

Kyle Rodgers

Is it that the effect is neat, or are people assuming this is realistic?

Dont know but I was always a sucker for 3dshockwave - and this is even better - different strokes I guess

Rich Sennett

Dont know but I was always a sucker for 3dshockwave - and this is even better - different strokes I guess

Never was a fan. It would be neat for high humidity days, or smoggy/dusty days, but apart from that you're never going to see the lights like that. Similarly, the vapor effects show up quite a lot from the videos I've seen.

Next time someone sees vapor on a departure out of Phoenix or Dubai in the real world...pics or it didn't happen...

(...but you should probably call the NWS first to check what the n-Year Probability is, and then submit the photo to A.net on account of its rarity.)

Kyle Rodgers

Never was a fan. It would be neat for high humidity days, or smoggy/dusty days, but apart from that you're never going to see the lights like that. Similarly, the vapor effects show up quite a lot from the videos I've seen.

Next time someone sees vapor on a departure out of Phoenix or Dubai in the real world...pics or it didn't happen...

(...but you should probably call the NWS first to check what the n-Year Probability is, and then submit the photo to A.net on account of its rarity.)

I hear yah Kyle especially on a flight out of those areas - if I had to choose it would still be immersion  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Thinking of doing the same and move to P3D.

I am tired of the small FSX idiocies such as ATC asking me to descend to FL10 when i am already at FL28 climbing and on my way to FL36 (yeah sure i forgot to check in at FL10, fine, i am sorry but get over it. I'd rather have them cancel my IFR instead of asking to go down to then go up again, really?) or the prehistoric AIRAC and finally stupid tug cars cutting me off and claiming the right of way over a 737...yeah right.

Is P3D any better on this front?

Andrea De Biase

I am considering the change as well.  I love the PMDG 737NGX.  But I cannot fly it into many of the sophisticated airports without VAS issues.  The airports are making the plane useless in FSX.  I even save, reload and land.  Even then it doesn't work in some airports.

It is my understanding that VAS is not an issue in P3D.  Is that true even with the PMDG?

I am considering the change as well.  I love the PMDG 737NGX.  But I cannot fly it into many of the sophisticated airports without VAS issues.  The airports are making the plane useless in FSX.  I even save, reload and land.  Even then it doesn't work in some airports.

It is my understanding that VAS is not an issue in P3D.  Is that true even with the PMDG?

what's VAS?

It is my understanding that VAS is not an issue in P3D. Is that true even with the PMDG?

Of course VAS is still an issue with any 32b application that attempts to load 3GB of scenery.  From P3Dv3.1 onward, the program aggressively tries to free up VAS when it becomes a problem.  Fewer OOM errors but you can still break it if you try.

Dan Downs KCRP