Sign in to follow this  
Soulflight

Anyone has a good recommendation for a 560ti Replacement?

...Turns out the imitation of a jet engine spooling up during high loads must be my Corsair H100i CPU cooler and not the GPU fan because I could not perceive a difference in GPU fan noise between 40% and 80%.

Have no idea why this didn't start until after 4 months of use.  And that under the same flying conditions.

Frank, I know the sound you mean! I have an H110i GT and it makes a roaring sound for a second or two when I first start up my computer (very quiet after that, though). Do you have the Corsair Link software installed? I have the "Quiet" profile selected in Corsair Link which keeps it all but silent until the CPU is really under load. Unlike earlier versions, the current version of the Link software works well and doesn't seem to put any significant load on the system and there are a lot of things you can monitor and/or tweak with it if you want.

With the Afterburner settings, I have the fan speed set to zero until the temperature reaches about 38 degrees (completely passive) then I have a gentle curve up to 100% fan speed at about 80 degrees. No real point have the fans running at low temperatures. Most of the time, the GPU sits at about 35 degrees with the fans off.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I have the "Quiet" profile selected in Corsair Link which keeps it all but silent until the CPU is really under load.

i have Corsair link and have it configured. But a question here. I noted yesterday for Afterburner to control the GPU fans that Afterburner must be running.  i.e. it does not establish a separate configuration independent of its own operation.  Is the same true for Corsair Link? Does it have to be actively running in order for its settings to be applied?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

i have Corsair link and have it configured. But a question here. I noted yesterday for Afterburner to control the GPU fans that Afterburner must be running.  i.e. it does not establish a separate configuration independent of its own operation.  Is the same true for Corsair Link? Does it have to be actively running in order for its settings to be applied

I think that both Afterburner and Corsair Link need to run from startup. I have them start with Windows and run minimised to the system tray. They use up very little processor time or resources - I don't have a cutting edge machine and they don't seem to affect FSX at all.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit