Sign in to follow this  
Maestaru

N68FF (Couple of strange things)

I am using Steam, with REX, redux and Accufeel.  I just purchased the CJ2 a couple of days ago and started flights in Vancouver and Seattle, both times when it was raining. 

#1) When in the default view (pilot seat) the rain appears in a ring about 20' away.  Inside the ring it is dry, and I do not hear the sound of rain hitting the plane.  Outside view works fine, as in flight. 

#2)  The white wings and topside of this plane have an unnatural glow all around.  I am sitting beside a white 172 and it looks normal.

Any guidance on either/both of these observances is appreciated?

Willard

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#1) When in the default view (pilot seat) the rain appears in a ring about 20' away. Inside the ring it is dry, and I do not hear the sound of rain hitting the plane. Outside view works fine, as in flight.

Hello

I'm not using FSX Steam. I'm on P3D now, but on FSX we had that problem, it was fixed by applying the Rain Fix. you might give it a try.

Not on my PC now, so can't check your 2nd question.

@Vaughn: Sorry, what is "FSX accel + default Wx"?  Is this the non-steam edition?  That uses a different REX version, right?

I also tried my Caranado King Air, and my RealAir Duke Turbine V2.  Neither of those show the rain in an arc and at a distance.  This problem appears only with the CJ2.

@Kabronicus: The fix you pointed me to is for the view being black.  I can see fine out the window.  In fact, there is no problem anywhere except the rain is always 20' away while parked, or even when taxiing.

"what is "FSX accel + default Wx"?  Is this the non-steam edition?"

It is FSX Acceleration (like FSX with SP1 and SP2).

And I used the default Rainy day theme>

No problem seen.

Do you have a screenshot?

I think this issue was fixed when I switched off Direct X 10 in FSX Steam.  The CJ2 was the only plane I had this feature switched on.  Now the rain is hitting on the window, and there is no ring.  Thanks for your guidance.