Sign in to follow this  
rwilson881

MSVCR80.dll CTD

I recently started to get MSVCR80.dll CTD's when switching aircraft. I can start in any but get this event failure when I change.

The only thing I did recently was add some addon scenery, the Carenado Hawker and update my Orbx to 1.40.

I had been primarily flying the Phenom 300 but went to change plane to one that always worked and it CTDed.

any Ideas????

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.9193, time stamp: 0x560489c4
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x00008aa0
Faulting process id: 0x225c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d183a2ec9f1317
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.9193_none_d09188224426efcd\MSVCR80.dll
Report Id: 4547b31a-6d31-442a-bc86-9266ca2dead3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

According to the AVSIM CTD Guide:

Microsoft.net Repair Tool – Whenever you get a Microsoft.net error or Microsoft Visual C++ error (faulting module), run the Microsoft.net repair tool.

The MSVCR80.dll belongs to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005, SP1.  It is the correct version and up-to-date.

Switching aircraft while FSX is loaded is not advisable.  For instance, the Phenom 300 installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 in order for the product to run.  You then switched to another product, maybe the default, and that required another version the developer of that aircraft used to make sure his product worked.  That's my theory that could be correct or I'm totally off base.  Still, every product installs the version of the Microsoft Visual needed for their application to run.  Microsoft Windows is basically saying "hey! Make up my mind!"...

It appears you might have had a side by side error too.  Some individuals have fixed this problem by placing one of the versions of the uiautomationcore.dll in their main fsx folder.  See page 8 of the AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature) for links to the two versions of the uiautomationcore.dll and more information.

Since you have FSX installed in the default folders, you want to make sure you have UserAccessControls disabled.  This program may have denied access to you as the user when you switched aircrafts.

Best regards,

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

thanks Jim

I'll download that now

I do have uiautomationcore.dll in my main folder but I'll review that guide section

I'll let you know how I make out

thanks for the quick reply

Ron

Jim

I installed and ran Net repair, it suggested I reinstall .Net, I downloaded the latest (4.6.1) and on installation it said I was up to date

I checked my uiautomationcore.dll it was 16386 so I pulled that from the FSX root and put 18000 there.

I changed my UAC to "never"

I did find 5 MSVCR80.dll's ?????

I'll do some testing tonight after supper

thanks again

Ron

I did find 5 MSVCR80.dll's ?????

This is normal.  They are all in different folders.  I have seen where sometimes, a developer, will modify the dll to fit their products installation. 

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes I noticed different folders

I did some flying and testing last night, I had some success but still had two MSVCR80 CTD's.

I'll put the uiautomationcore.dll #16386 back and test some more tonight.

I did run a SFC this morning which found errors but not with the MSVCR80.

I'll look at that later.

If it continues,

I am going to start removing all add-on's and/or do a fresh reinstall of FSX.

thanks for you help, you are a great asset to the Flight Sim community

I'll post here what happens

thanks again

Ron

If it continues, I am going to start removing all add-on's and/or do a fresh reinstall of FSX.
thanks for you help, you are a great asset to the Flight Sim community

No need to remove all add-on's and reinstall FSX yet.  It if continues,

Move your FSX.cfg, dll.xml (if the file is in the same folder as FSX.cfg as it is not installed by default).  Also move the scenery.cfg to a temporary folder.  When you restart FSX, the FSX.cfg and scenery.cfg will be rebuilt to the default.  If no problems after doing this, then the problem was in your fsx.cfg or an addon scenery.  Move your Scenery.cfg that you moved back to the scenery.cfg folder and see if this still stops the crashes.  If so, then most likely the crash was in the fsx.cfg.  If the crashes continue even after doing this with the MSVCR80.dll as the faulting module, then try uninstalling Microsoft Visual 2005 through your Add/Remove programs and then download and install the Microsoft Visual 2005 w/SP1 again (link to the 2005 Microsoft Visual is in the AVSIM CTD Guide).

The fact running sfc \scannow indicates you had corrupted Windows files that hopefully were fixed when the program completed.  You can run it again to make sure everything is fixed.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Jim,

Thanks so much for all your help

I pulled the cfg, dll and Scenery out and FSX worked better but still had a few of the same CTD's

After I uninstalled and reinstalled new Microsoft Visuals,  I was working great.

Rather than putting the old cfg back, I'm now in the process of just reinstalling my add on's and stuff (FSUIPC, FSTramp, AI line for Vpilot, HIGHMEMFIX=1,etc ....)

So far so good

thanks again

Ron

Good news!  Thanks for the update!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM