Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

Throttle calibration/ setting reversers FSUIPC

I Have the Thrustmaster HOTAS, was wondering if someone had a link to a tutorial which explains how to calibrate the throttle axis as well as set auto-thrust values?

How would I assign autothrust to the joystick axis?

I use FSUIPC to calibrate and set all functions with the NGX and it works sweet, i used a guide designed for CH Throttles and rudder pedals but you can easily adapt this to any Hotas, i`m using an X52 pro.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/63177-simsamurais-fsuipc-tutorial-updated-18th-jan-2010/

tpewpb-6.png

I use FSUIPC to calibrate and set all functions with the NGX and it works sweet, i used a guide designed for CH Throttles and rudder pedals but you can easily adapt this to any Hotas, i`m using an X52 pro.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/63177-simsamurais-fsuipc-tutorial-updated-18th-jan-2010/

Also use FSUIPC to calibrate and assign all my key commands/luas for the Thrustmaster Warthog stick & throttle. No issues here.

The usual issue is axis assignments in FSUIPC. As long as the axes are assigned through the sim, you can assign buttons and calibrate the axes all you want through FSUIPC in most cases.

Kyle Rodgers

I always do it like this: Set up the calibration for the normal throttle range, go to the buttons page, pull the levers in reverse position and assign as Throttle 1 (or 2) Decrease and check repeat while held, now set the levers back to the detend position and assign Throttle 1 (or 2) Cut and you're done.

This always worked fine for me.

Cheers!

Maarten

Platform??

Using P3Dv3.x, the HOTAS is recognized by the simulator and nothing is required of FSUIPC. The TARGET controller middle-ware worked in P3Dv2.5 but quit working in v3.0 and latter.  The thrust reverse on the throttle controller is nothing more than switches. Assign those points to F2 and it works. Only reasons I need FSUIPC is to display VAS remaining on the title bar and to convert controller buttons to commands for PMDG which only recognizes keycommands.

Dan Downs KCRP