Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

How Do I Install A2A Fighter Planes by A2A Simulations Prepar3D V3

----------
Introduction 
---------

A Tutorial to Install the Fighter Planes from A2A Simulations Into Prepar3D V3  

Please Note:  This Guide Involves adding Keys to your Registry editor.  Only Proceed if you are Comfortable with this.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Planes listed below are Not Officially Compatible or Supported for Prepar3D  

P-51 Military Mustang  + The Civilian Mustang 

P-40 Warhawk 

B-17G  Flying Fortress 

Spitfire 

P-47 Razorback 

Piper J-3-Cub

Stratocruiser 

------------------------------------------------------------------

When you run the A2A Installer it will look for an FSX Installation. When the Installer does Not see this,  the Install Process will be aborted.

I have Outlined 2 Steps below that when you run the Installer it will Automatically Detect an FSX Install path and Install your A2A Plane's 

You can try just Step 1, But i had mixed results with this.  Personally for me, by following Step 1 and Step 2,  the Install Process went perfect 

Step 1:   Creating a fsx.exe and pasting it into your main Prepar3D folder 

I will Copy and Paste "a Copy" of Prepar3D.exe and Rename it to fsx.exe

By following just this first Step alone,  You will have to Navigate to your Prepar3D folder during the Installation Process, But it will Install No problem.

Please Note: I had mixed results Installing the Stratocruiser like this, also I had to Install some of the Planes twice for them to show up In Prepar3D.  

Step 2:  Adding an FSX Key to my Registry editor 

I will navigate to  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Microsoft.     I will add 1 Key  Microsoft Games  and 2 Sub Keys  Flight Simulator  and  10.0

String Value: SetupPath   Value data:  your Install Path 

By following Step 1 and Step 2,  the A2A Installer Automatically detects your Prepar3D folder and installs there. 

============================================================

---------
INDEX
---------

(1)  Creating a fsx.exe and pasting it to your Prepar3D folder 

(2)  Adding an FSX Key to my Registry editor 

(3) Accu-sim + The A2A Updater                                                                         

Click the Pictures, Follow the number and read the Tex 

================================================================

(1)  Creating a fsx.exe and pasting it to your Prepar3D folder 

Navigate to your Core Prepar3D v3 folder 

1 Right Click on Prepar3D.exe and Click Copy.     2  Go back outside your Prepar3D folder,  Right Click and Paste Directly into your Prepar3D folder. 3 Right Click on Prepar3D-Copy.exe and Rename it to fsx.ex

25945332866_1c7de57b79_o.png

The result will be this 

25945342966_09bdd1594c_o.png

===============================================================

(2) Adding an FSX Key to my Registry editor 

I will navigate to  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Microsoft.     I will add 1 Key  Microsoft Games  and 2 Sub Keys  Flight Simulator  and  10.0. 

String Value: SetupPath   Value data: your Install Path 

To access your Register editor,  Type regedit into your Run search bar,  Click Ok

25921009686_0a6be9913b_o.png

This is your Registry editor,  Follow the next Image

25314231324_bf473d8832_o.png

1  Follow the Path down by Clicking the little white arrows or the keys  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Microsoft.    Highlight the Microsoft Key

Be sure you have Highlighted the Microsoft Key, by left Clicking it. Click edit, New, Key.  3 Your New Key will pop down at the bottom of the Microsoft List.

25851965281_b22f9d727e_o.png

1 Right Click on your New Key and Rename it to Exactly Microsoft Games.   2 Right Click on Microsoft Games, Click New and Key.  3 and 4 Follow the same Steps as before and Rename your New Key to  Flight Simulator and  10.0  

25646349060_94ae673dcc_o.png

25318205973_2ea8ecb8f5_o.png

1 Right Click on 10.0,  Click New,  Click String Value.   2 Type SetupPath exactly like that in New Value#1,  3 The Result.  Please read the big Red bold Tex 

25338411404_ae1edb979d_o.png

1 Right Click on SetupPath  Click Modify  Enter your Prepar3D Install location,  As you can see i have Installed Prepar3D on my G Drive,  So My Value data is G:\Prepar3D v3\   2 The Result.  Again please read the Red bold Tex  

25318204433_25f56a25a0_o.png

When you are finished leave the Registry editor nice and Neat just like you found it.  X of of it 

25971513105_9a3193cd71_o.png

Update:  Please see the Video below for a Step by Step Guide 

Run the Installer just like you would any other Installer and it will Automatically Detect your Prepar3D location 

(3) Accu-sim + The A2A Updater           

You Run the A2A Updater after you Install your Planes,  this Process will Update your Plane to the Current Version.

Please Note: For the A2A Updater to work correctly you Must Purchase and Install the Accu-Sim Package for your Plane. This also Includes the Captain of the Ship Package for the Stratocruiser 

After Installing Accus-Sim, the A2A Updater will Run and Detect and update all your A2A Planes one by one,  its quite beautiful really  :smile: 

• Upvote 3

Wow! Even I can do this now! Thanks Elaine. I have both FSX-SE and P3D V3 installed. Any caution notes to offer here? And is this procedure replacing the use of the Migration Tool, for non A2A aircraft for example?

Regards,

JJ