Sign in to follow this  
b00ts

F1 Mustang G1000 glitch when importing SID from EFB

Having this weird issue with the MFD and flight plans of the G1000 in my F1 Mustang. When getting clearance and inputting into EFB The SID, it throws my active waypoint to another planet and begins a chirping sound, meaning the waypoint is wayyy off the screen and there's only the active magenta line going off the whole know where and a constant chirp. The waypoint is listed ICPT and the chirping goes away if I set the next waypoint in the flight plan as the active waypoint. I've got about 50 hours with the G1000 on the DA-42 and have never had this happen. I've also tested the exact flight plan and SID in my DA-42 and it doesn't do this.

The flight was from KDEN >> KSLC departing North RWY 35 SID FOOOT3, if someone wants to try to recreate it.

As I typed this, I realized I should probably put this on their forum :|

Hi,

I am unable to duplicate your issue.

I start at KDEN -- hit PROC - DEPARTURE - RWY 35 L & R -- and I get LINGR - CRONA - RALFI - PCKNS - FOOOT - PENEY - RLG with no errors and magenta line is drawn perfect. 

I assume your ICPT is for intercept but I don't know where it's coming from ??

WAT1460.png

Correct. The intercept comes before LINGR in the waypoint list, but I'm unable to remove it as it's part of the SID for some reason. When it's active, it shows on the MFD and the magenta line shoots off in the direction of Antarctica, literally. I am going to try deleting the EFB_current_garmin flightplan to see if it works when EFB creates a new one.

The ICPT is due to what the notes on the Departure plate reads:

TAKEOFF RUNWAY 35L: Climb heading 353° to intercept 279°course to cross LINGR...

So it will draw a straight magenta line on a heading of 353 to infinity until you either go direct LINGR.  On a GTN 750 your route would be in "suspend" mode and the icpt would be dashed lines until your on course and you unsuspend the GPS.

The way this system is programmed it basically will just draw a line to nowhere for quite a distance.  Just takeoff then go DCT to LINGR.

Sean Green

The ICPT is due to what the notes on the Departure plate reads:

TAKEOFF RUNWAY 35L: Climb heading 353° to intercept 279°course to cross LINGR...

So it will draw a straight magenta line on a heading of 353 to infinity until you either go direct LINGR.  On a GTN 750 your route would be in "suspend" mode and the icpt would be dashed lines until your on course and you unsuspend the GPS.

The way this system is programmed it basically will just draw a line to nowhere for quite a distance.  Just takeoff then go DCT to LINGR.

Ah I see. The noise drives me absolutely insane though lol

What source of AIRAC data are you using ?  I do not get any ICPT when I click the DEP PROC .  I am using Cycle 1603 from NAVIGRAPH  www.navigraph.com

EDIT:  Sorry now I understand -- you are importing data from another flight planner.  I never do that.  I just enter my flight plan manually (same as RW).

WAT1460.png

AIRAC is 1603, I'm a Navigraph subscriber. I am using Aivlasoft's EFB for flight planning.

From the Mustang's manual >>     Individual way points within a departure procedure cannot be deleted, however, you can skip a way point by entering a DIRECT TO the way point following the way point you want to skip   :wink: 

WAT1460.png

From the Mustang's manual >>     Individual way points within a departure procedure cannot be deleted, however, you can skip a way point by entering a DIRECT TO the way point following the way point you want to skip   :wink: 

Yea, I remedied the problem by setting LINGR as the active waypoint so that it would completely skip the ICPT waypoint. I just set it as part of my checklist so I don't have to worry about it after takeoff and it gets the chirping silenced.