Sign in to follow this  
SubLogical

Can't get FS2 to load

FS2 seemed to be working fine after the upgrade to 3.2 but It stopped loading for some reason.

I reloaded FS2 latest version and still can't get a load even after trying different start keys.

I checked the Views menu and don't see any FS2 or other addons that previously showed there.

I see the FS2 code shows in the panel.cfg and looks normal.

I did notice a flash as though it tried to load but didn't finish and then it goes dead.

Does this sound like a FS2 problem or am I doing something wrong as usual  :Hmmmph:

My upgrade to 3.2 has been very rocky!

Ken

My upgrade to 3.2 has been very rocky!

Try doing a clean install of 3.2.  A couple users had issues and a clean install of 3.2 solved it for them.

Also, I use the "N" key for Autofeather arm/off.

Try that key.

Thanks for the reply Bryan ... I have been putting that suggestion off but maybe your right!

Oh woe is me ...

Best,

Ken

Hi Bryan,

Many thanks for your follow up ... which is timely!

I uninstalled everything including v3.2 and am currently reinstalling each

addon back with performance checks as I go.

Regretfully, I'm still unable to get FS2 to activate using the N key and also I'm not

getting the "Views" menu in the Q400 Pro to show any of the addons i.e. ASN XGauge,

or FS2 Crew so I have presented the problem to both Majestic and the P3d forum (no response from the latter) 

to see if someone can divine the reason.  I checked your code in the panel.cfg and it's there for windows 21,22,23 & 24.

But without it responding to "N" or being available in the View menu I'm outta gas.

I did a search on all drives for FS2 and deleted every instance I found before reinstalling it.  I see that there were 2010, 2014

and 2016 items and I wondered if the last combo (button/voice) was an upgrade or a standalone ... I've been using it as the latter.

Anyway I suspect this is not your problem as it seems to be affecting other addons that aren't showing up in Views.

I'll have to get this resolved and will keep you and the forum posted.

Very much appreciate your continued interest.

Ken

Hi Bryan,

Many thanks for your follow up ... which is timely!

I uninstalled everything including v3.2 and am currently reinstalling each

addon back with performance checks as I go.

Regretfully, I'm still unable to get FS2 to activate using the N key and also I'm not

getting the "Views" menu in the Q400 Pro to show any of the addons i.e. ASN XGauge,

or FS2 Crew so I have presented the problem to both Majestic and the P3d forum (no response from the latter) 

to see if someone can divine the reason.  I checked your code in the panel.cfg and it's there for windows 21,22,23 & 24.

But without it responding to "N" or being available in the View menu I'm outta gas.

I did a search on all drives for FS2 and deleted every instance I found before reinstalling it.  I see that there were 2010, 2014

and 2016 items and I wondered if the last combo (button/voice) was an upgrade or a standalone ... I've been using it as the latter.

Anyway I suspect this is not your problem as it seems to be affecting other addons that aren't showing up in Views.

I'll have to get this resolved and will keep you and the forum posted.

Very much appreciate your continued interest.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Please look in this folder:

Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\gauges

Do you see this file?

FS2CrewQ400Voice.gau

We're finding that sometimes anti-virus programs like to nuke the FS2Crew gauge files.

This is why it's a good idea to ensure your anti virus excludes the FS/P3D folder.

FYI, I think Lockheet Martin got rid of the Views - Instrument Panels option in 3.2.   Not sure why they did that.  It was handy.

If you still can't get it to work, send me  Support Ticket via: www.fs2crew.com

The only other possibility is your panel.cfg has incorrect entries on it.

That can happen if people try "migrating" from non P3D V3 into P3D V3.

Cheers,

Bryan ... the FS2CrewQ400Voice.gau file was not found.

If you can point me to it's location (or is it locked in the install?) I'll get it loaded.

Ken

If you can point me to it's location (or is it locked in the install?) I'll get it loaded.

The FS2Crew installer has a P3D V3 installer option.

Did you select that option?

Did the FS2Crew installer auto detect your P3D V3 folder?

I have p3d on my D: drive so I always select or make sure it's going to the right home.

Why don't I reinstall fs2 and then check for that file.

I'll confirm late tomorrow.

Ken

Hi Bryan,

No good news!  

Re-install went well and Q400Voice.gau installed into Gauges properly.

On first attempt to start FS2 Crew using the "N" key I noticed a millisecond flash outline of what I suspect was the main panel's attempted load and then all further attempts produced no activity.

The panel.cfg contains the 4 FS2 Window titles and their windows with matching numbers and my guess is that it's correct code.

Majestic are interested in this problem and are standing by for a report from me and I will confirm that so far the problem continues to eludes us. It may be that they have some ideas worth trying.

Of interest is that the program worked fine in the past and only failed after the P3d update and the 

latest Q400 modifications.

Perhaps you should standby until I can get their opinion as it seems there's not much more you can add at this point.

I'll keep you posted,

Many thanks,

Ken

Bryan,

Just to let you know the View's menu addons are now stored in Vehicle  --> Instrument Panel

where I tried to light up  FS2 with no luck.

Ken

Well done Bryan!

"Check your 2D window transparency option in P3D isn't set to full transparent..."

That was the problem ...

I intentionally set that to "0" as I wrote a Camera that I used for a "full" outside cockpit view and it not only removed the 2D dash but all the 2D addons.

Many thanks for your persistence and great detective work.

Best,

Ken

Well done Bryan!

"Check your 2D window transparency option in P3D isn't set to full transparent..."
That was the problem ...

I intentionally set that to "0" as I wrote a Camera that I used for a "full" outside cockpit view and it not only removed the 2D dash but all the 2D addons.

Many thanks for your persistence and great detective work.

Glad you got it sorted  :smile: