Sign in to follow this  
Airbeater

PMDG 737NGX Chief Pilot's Flight Manual Package

PMDG 737NGX Chief Pilot's Flight Manual Package.  

​Is this package still available?  I am now looking through the PDF files that came with my download and have seen this in there.  When I go to the store/shop PMDG it is not there.  It looks as though this would be an awesome tool to becoming more immersed in this simulation. 

PMDG 737NGX Chief Pilot's Flight Manual Package.  

​Is this package still available?  I am now looking through the PDF files that came with my download and have seen this in there.  When I go to the store/shop PMDG it is not there.  It looks as though this would be an awesome tool to becoming more immersed in this simulation. 

Welcome. They're unfortunately no longer available.

Full names in the forum, too, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

What were these and why aren't they available anymore?

The RTM NGX and 777 had professionally bound documentation available as separate SKU items, but these have been discontinued due to supply cost increases that pushed the items out of the market position.

Dan Downs KCRP

I was actually wondering the same thing a couple weeks back.

That's too bad. Is there any other possible way to purchase these documents in print? For a somewhat reasonable amount of money, of course, since I don’t have the money to buy a real plane... :wink:

Does that also mean that printed documentation for future PMDG aircraft won’t be available?

I was actually wondering the same thing a couple weeks back.

That's too bad. Is there any other possible way to purchase these documents in print? For a somewhat reasonable amount of money, of course, since I don’t have the money to buy a real plane... :wink:

Does that also mean that printed documentation for future PMDG aircraft won’t be available?

As I recall, for PMDG to get their PDF docs printed and bound was 'expensive'. The freight,packaging and handling costs, caused the postage costs to be astronomical, especially for non USA buyers. There may have been a licencing cost issue for PMDG as well? When I saw the ad for them a few years ago, they looked great, but......

I would take the PMDG PDF files to a local printer and get them run off and put in a ring binder. Maybe not as exciting as receiving this large parcel in the mail...but probably much more economical  

Geoff Bryce

I would take the PMDG PDF files to a local printer and get them run off and put in a ring binder
I believe all those PDF documents are copyrighted by Boeing or PMDG and cannot be printed.

I believe all those PDF documents are copyrighted by Boeing or PMDG and cannot be printed.

That's right, they all fall under copyright protection. Only the 777's PDF files are prohibited from printing, though, and have a "DRAFT" watermark across every single page.

So I understand there is no other company that sells Boeing flight manuals for simulation purposes?

Yes, I just checked my PDF manuals and they are indeed copyright. So, apart from the printing and postage, I guess PMDG had a licencing cost, which would make the print version of the manuals a very expensive proposition for the likes of flight simmers.

So, apart from copying 'snippets', guess we have to wait until PMDG work out an economical solution.

Geoff Bryce

I thought I understood that the boxed version from Aerosoft comes with a portion of PMDG's manuals in printed form? Or do they write their own in-house documentation?

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

I thought I understood that the boxed version from Aerosoft comes with a portion of PMDG's manuals in printed form? Or do they write their own in-house documentation?

Andrew Jones

Looking at my boxed version of the 777-200, PMDG provide their own documentation about the aircraft and how to set it up. Also, they provide the tutorial. Quite a chunky little manual with 121 pages.

Geoff Bryce

I thought I understood that the boxed version from Aerosoft comes with a portion of PMDG's manuals in printed form?

The boxed versions from Aerosoft only come with Tutorial #1, at least the NGX and 777 do. Unfortunately, Aerosoft never sold the printed FCOMs, FCTM and QRH separately, as far as I know.

Hi Captains,

if is anybody interested, I have both complete pilot sets PMDG 737 and 777 plus colored QRH as well as a posters of cockpit layouts. I am from the Czech Republic and I am moving abroad for couple years, Everything is in excelent conditions, I have pictures, invoice, than let me know. It is really different to have originals in comparision with selfprinted.

Regards

Roman 

Looking at my boxed version of the 777-200, PMDG provide their own documentation about the aircraft and how to set it up. Also, they provide the tutorial. Quite a chunky little manual with 121 pages.

Are you refering to the boxed version of the 777-200 from Aerosoft? Which two printed materials were provided? The tutorial #1 pdf version is at 128 pages, was the printed "introduction" at 174 pages included as well? If not, did Aerosoft write up its own version of a "how to set it up" doc that was shorter? Thanks.

---

Bo Chen