Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Steam "March Madness" sale

The thread topic is a bit misleading as Steam isn't having a store wide sale.  Dovetail products and the addons for them are on sale.

The Dovetail Games ‪March Madness‬ Steam sale is now on! For a limited time only make huge savings on FSX: Steam Edition and a selection of add-ons.

Todd

Your right I should have said DTG steam sale

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

By Chance does anyone have the Steam version of Meigs Field and care to comment? It's only $10 but I know some steam addons are dumbed down versions of the non-steam version of those addons (for instance Ben Gurion Airport, which I didn't realize until after I purchased it). I don't fly GA much in the sim but would be willing to waste $10 for a good rendition Meigs. I saw a video on youtube but wasn't entirely certain if it was steam Orbx or Orbx.Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I have it, and although it may not be totally 100% Orbx-bought quality, it is nevertheless Orbx-designed for them and having flown from there in FS95, or was it 98, not sure, it certainly is a big improvement. Those tall skyscrapers at the end of the runway are still there, and IMHO is not a bad buy for $10. I use it for my Duke. The GA parking is nicely done as are the taxiway markings.

Thanks Rick, I suppose I will give it a go. When it was open I used to fly over it sometimes when I did the occasional lakefront flight but never landed there because there was fairly steep landing fees. Once they ripped it up overnight (without warning of course) I've been wishing ever since that I would have at least landed there once. 

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1

Yes, Pete, a shame they got rid of such an iconic airport even if many of us mere simmers, unlike you, never actually flew even a kite out of there, nevertheless, it was for some of us, our very first 'home' airport..

Was it Mayor Daley that got rid of it, I'm not sure?

It sure was....he made a unilateral decision and took a lot of heat for it. There were a bunch of planes stranded there and I guess they eventually let them leave by using the taxiway as a runway. For the most part I thought Daley was all right, but when he did that I never quite got over it.

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1

Mayor Daley was, IMHO, a bit of a tyrant who thought he was the Al Capone of US civil government. Did he not order the National Guard to open fire on on a group of protesting students? I can understand that sort of unilateral action taking place in a Middle East despotic country, but not in the Land of Free.

Yeah I think he went off the deep end when he pulled that stunt. I would defintely agree that with the Daley family being in control for several generations, it almost seemed like a dictatorship lol.

Cheers, Pete