Sign in to follow this  
Ripcord

Operations Center update -- now doesn't see Prepar3d NGX

What is this all about?  The operations center worked fine earlier this morning, then I updated it.

PMDG_OC.png

Running win 10, and I have all the admin rights, etc. 

Not running FSX anymore but I do own the FSX version as well as the Prepar3d version.  But very bizarre that this thing worked fine just a couple hours ago, before I updated things.

Name is Mark A Sewell, in case that is required here.

Not running FSX anymore but I do own the FSX version as well as the Prepar3d version.  But very bizarre that this thing worked fine just a couple hours ago, before I updated things.

Do you have the Estonia Migration Tool installed?

Kyle Rodgers

Indeed I do have it installed.

That's why. The EMT adds a bunch of different P3D registry values with the intent of confusing installers into installing various versions of P3D software (and FSX software in some cases) into another. The Ops Center is built to work with all versions of P3D (after 2.5), so it's seeing multiple values in the registry and, understandably, getting confused. Remove the EMT and remove the false registry values and it'll work again.

Kyle Rodgers

I have removed EMT and also the registry values. Still no change. I'll restart the computer and try again.

I have removed EMT and also the registry values. Still no change. I'll restart the computer and try again.

Yeah, not surprising. Removal of the "tool" does not necessarily undo the damage. It's basically a virus. I'm always surprised anyone uses it.

Dan Downs KCRP

No worries, I'll just uninstall PMDG and try it again.

This is a little strange, though, as I was using the operations center just fine this morning. The migration tool was never an issue before. If I'd never updated the thing, I'd probably still be using it.

Reinstalling NGX didn't make any difference.

I am tempted to think that something is wrong here this version of Op Center as it worked fine today before I ran the update -- but if that were the case then I'd not be the only one howling right now.

I guess I am going to have to live without it for a while. Going to test the aircraft itself to see if it is jacked up as well.

I am tempted to think that something is wrong here this version of Op Center as it worked fine today before I ran the update

Have you looked at the operations center log file to see if there are clues?  This file is found in the AppData\Roaming\PMDG\PMDG Operations Center folder.

Dan Downs KCRP

No but that is a damn good idea. I have just uploaded to those as attachments to my support tickets as well.

You don't suppose this here is part of the problem, do you?

Finding P3D

15:08:47.366 Prepar3D SetupPath registry key was located but could not be read.

hmmmm

I might be about overdue to just ditch version 2.5 and migrate on over to version 3.2 pretty soon anyway. I'd been waiting for V3 support from one last developer, VRS, and that just came out the other day.

We'll see what the support folks have to say first.

And thank you guys for the assistance.

15:08:47.366 Prepar3D SetupPath registry key was located but could not be read.

Exactly, PMDG Product Support can help you with this.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello I had the same problem with 777 base pack and expansion pack.The operations center seems to not be reading a valid register license after updating.I uninstalled and reinstalled both but the problem remained. I wrote a ticket on the 22nd but no answer yet maybe because of holidays.

I will appreciate any help on this matter

Best Regards and happy landings

Mauricio Villada