Sign in to follow this  
nicksort

Will it ever happen - QW-146 Update for P3d 3.*

I was referring to the one indicted in this post

That`s the Original updated for P3dv2, it will not work in P3dv3, the link i posted is the hack for making 1.4 updated for P3d v2 work in P3dv3.

tpewpb-6.png

I asked for a refund (no workaround have worked), I do not understand this company policy, they said they won't update the 146 until their boing is released... I mean how do you pretend that we will purchase another product from you, when you don't make the current ones to work with the most updated software?

npole, on 29 Mar 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

I asked for a refund (no workaround have worked), I do not understand this company policy, they said they won't update the 146 until their boing is released... I mean how do you pretend that we will purchase another product from you, when you don't make the current ones to work with the most updated software?

While I feel your frustration as I have the 146 and still haven't gotten the flaps to work yet. I think you are a bit harsh. Qualitywings is not an operation like PMDG. They have day jobs and do this on the side. All you have to do to understand is look at the Aerosoft CRJ. They are a dedicated company with full time employees and are still dealing with bug after bug in the FMC of the CRJ. Now imagine a complex aircraft like the 787.

they will probably get around to the 146 after the 787 but they don't have time nor manpower to sit and hunt bugs in the 146 while trying to deliver the 787.

I'm disappointed as well because I love the 146 but I also understand software is a wicked mistress. I mean look at the number of posts on here about tweaking.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Yeah, I really miss the 146 and RJ in P3D v3

But still, I knew the risks moving to P3D. I suppose I could install FSX again but it just doesn't seem worth it. I also had to say goodbye to PMDG NGX as well as there is no way I'm paying full price and then some again to get it into P3D.

Nick if you assign a button or key to reload user object  in the P3d controls tab and refresh the aircraft a couple of times after the initial load you will find the flaps will work, also try and load the 146 with no panel state saved. FMC`s font is not compatible with P3d thats why it will not display.

Thanks I will try this on the weekend.

Nick Sciortino

Do you mean that flaps and MCP works 100% of the times under p3d v3.2 in your case?

Both Avro and BAe systems work for me. 

Both Avro and BAe systems work for me. 

Are you using p3d v3.2?

For how long did you tested it? I'm asking it because i believed the same the first day.. then the second day I hit the bugs that everyone else was talking about (flaps not working some time, aero-brakes, and MCP), and I believe a registry hack won't solve the issue (they will only make the installation and the dispatcher working fine), since the panels not working occasionally requires a modification of the product files.

Nick if you assign a button or key to reload user object  in the P3d controls tab and refresh the aircraft a couple of times after the initial load you will find the flaps will work, also try and load the 146 with no panel state saved. FMC`s font is not compatible with P3d thats why it will not display.

You were spot on with the reload idea, it worked like a charm. On mine I did not even use a dark panel to start with and once I set a button to reload a couple of times after the first load up the flaps worked.... Thank you

• Upvote 1

Nick Sciortino

nicksort, on 02 Apr 2016 - 7:44 PM, said:

You were spot on with the reload idea, it worked like a charm. On mine I did not even use a dark panel to start with and once I set a button to reload a couple of times after the first load up the flaps worked.... Thank you

Nick- After you hit the reload did you let it sit a while before trying the flaps etc or did you try them right away? Or does the engines need to be started with hydraulic pressure?

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Nick- After you hit the reload did you let it sit a while before trying the flaps etc or did you try them right away? Or does the engines need to be started with hydraulic pressure?

Yesterday I flew the RJ again and I tested this technique,

test 1 - NON dark panel, NON reload panel state, Flaps inoperable

test 2 - NON dark panel, Reloaded panel state 3x, Flaps operable immediately

test 3 - With dark panel, NON reload panel state, Flaps inoperable

test 4 - Started P3 and selected a different aircraft, taxied around the airport, Changed aircraft to the RJ, NON dark panel, Reloaded panel state 3x, Flaps operable immediately.

NON dark panel = engines on auto start.

Even though I never tested the Auto pilot in test #1,3, and 4, the Auto pilot did function correctly in test #2.

I hope this answers your question.

• Upvote 1

Nick Sciortino

Even though I never tested the Auto pilot in test #1,3, and 4, the Auto pilot did function correctly in test #2.

I`ve completed 20 flights in the RJ and everything works for me except for the landing lights do not show well in the daylight, autopilot functions 100%, FMC works 100%, the load manager works 100% with EMT enabled, as long as you follow the reload user object routine it seems to work fine without a panel state saved, the 146 is not functioning in regards to FMC and i`m yet to see proof anyone has got it working yet. so fingers crossed QW update this.

tpewpb-6.png